Repeat: Guilty Pleasures - Love Will Keep Us Together

Unfortunately I won't be able to see that here, I think (unless it's available online to everyone later on?)

I like the photo of Richard & Karen on that page, though. If only I could get my hands on that cool butterfly longsleeve t-shirt like the one Richard is wearing there, that would be a real guilty pleasure for me :wiggle:

Yeah, unfortunately the BBC videos only play in the UK. We're denied here in the US.

The clip used for the Carpenters is from a 1971 performance at the BBC which is widely available on YouTube. Not sure where the photo originates from, never seen this performance, must be something connected with the BBC, as they're using the photo. Sure this has been mentioned before though. If I had the technical know how, I would upload the Guilty Pleasures show to YouTube, maybe someone out there in the UK has the knowledge.

The clip used for the Carpenters is from a 1971 performance at the BBC which is widely available on YouTube. Not sure where the photo originates from, never seen this performance, must be something connected with the BBC, as they're using the photo. Sure this has been mentioned before though. If I had the technical know how, I would upload the Guilty Pleasures show to YouTube, maybe someone out there in the UK has the knowledge.
Both photos on that page were likely taken during BBC rehearsals in 1971. The large one would be from "Carpenters live at the BBC", looks like Karen was singing "Sometimes" there. And the small one would have been taken when they were on Top of the Pops, singing "Help" and "Superstar".

Is this the video that was on Guily Pleasures, Chris?

Greg

Both photos on that page were likely taken during BBC rehearsals in 1971. The large one would be from "Carpenters live at the BBC", looks like Karen was singing "Sometimes" there. And the small one would have been taken when they were on Top of the Pops, singing "Help" and "Superstar".

Is this the video that was on Guily Pleasures, Chris?

Greg

Yes this is the clip that was used in the show Guilty Pleasures. Has anyone seen the video from TOTP with Carpenters singing Help & Superstar ?

That particular Top of the Pops episode (23rd September 1971) has been wiped from the BBC archives...

Then I saw this article about someone who had a very early video recorder and had taped episodes from 1971 - 1976, including lots of previously lost performances!

The collection was sold at auction in 2020, so it could be out there somewhere! I wonder if we'll ever get to see it...

Lost Top of the Pops videos resurface 50 years after BBC binned them

That particular Top of the Pops episode (23rd September 1971) has been wiped from the BBC archives...

Then I saw this article about someone who had a very early video recorder and had taped episodes from 1971 - 1976, including lots of previously lost performances!

The collection was sold at auction in 2020, so it could be out there somewhere! I wonder if we'll ever get to see it...

Lost Top of the Pops videos resurface 50 years after BBC binned them
That is awesome, thanks for sharing Billy, I wasn't even aware of this! :shock: What an amazing find! I just wish I could read what is written on the boxes (resolution of those photos is too low unfortunately). So there is a little bit of hope now for K&R's lost 1971 TOTP performances then : D I was very happy to see Olivia's name on one of the boxes though :love: :

Back
Top Bottom