• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

RICHARD CARPENTER LIVE INTERVIEW MAY 11, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycem

Hi everyone,

I just recieved the following email from Becky Boxberger for anyone who's interested...

NEWS JUST IN!

Hear Richard Carpenter LIVE on Radio London BigL Thursday May 11, 4 pm PST

- Tune in online - www.bigl.co.uk and - click the link "Listen Live"

- Radion London BigL can be heard across Britain and Europe by transmitter and satellite on Sky channel 0190.

- See the website for listening options.

- Email us to tell us you heard this wonderful ALL CARPENTERS special program starting at 2 pm PST (10 pm London time). Tell us also "where on Earth" you are listening!

Becky Boxberger
Personal Assistant to Richard Carpenter
www.richardandkarencarpenter.com

Cheers,
Bryce

There's some confusion in the time as posted above, though I don't know which is correct.

The poster states both 4 PM PST and 2 PM PST (as well as 10 PM London time). Further compounding the problem is that we're currently using Daylight time, so it's unclear if the times should read PDT (for Pacific Daylight Time). Assuming that the PST/PDT thing is an error, and it's really PDT, then east coast times would be either 7 PM or 5 PM (EDT).

Perhaps you'd be better off checking the BIGL site - they might have a more accurate time from which to calculate.

Harry

London Time means British Summer Time? It's one hour different from GMT.

ALL CARPENTERS special program starting at 2 pm PST (10 pm London time).

Richard will appear at 4 pm PST.

After I read this information at official site, I heard BigL. A DJ mentioned Legendary Richard Carpenter and at midnight(London Time). :)

Sakura

How many fans WILL actually listen in or record this interview .... :?:

Surprised Richard has chosen a relatively unknown radio station in UK rather than BBC , Capital Gold , Magic & Heart in London that play Carpenters tracks on regular basis ..... :confused: :|

Perhaps due to this station 's audience also covering Holland , Belgium & other European states -Richard is promoting recently released "Ultimate Collection" set ....:cool: :wink:

Peter

To clear up any confusion, Richard's portion of the interview begins at 4PM Pacific. -Chris

After listening to RC's interview, what album is he working on? Is he working on a new album, or is it the unfinished Christmas album? The host never clarified that.

Great to see Richard working with his kid's school musical. They are very lucky.

If you missed it, it was a very charming interview. The host was positive and an obvious big fan. Thanks to Becky for letting us all know about it!

It's the Christmas album. Nice and relaxed interview on Richard's part. -Chris

That was a great interview.

On another forum last year, someone said that Karen would've been proud to let people hear her unreleased solo songs (outtakes)..., and I said..., "No way, she would never be happy to know that people are hearing those outtakes". Now, Richard just said the same thing that I did. I would never let people hear non-completed recording, so I thought that she would feel the same..., and Richard just confirmed it.

I also liked the part when Richard said that "(They Long To Be) Close To You" was the kind of song that when you hear it in the car for the first time, that you had to stop the car and pull aside to hear the song better. He then said that he had to do that when he first heard "A Day In A Life" by The Beatles.

Roland, I've tried to PM you, but you must not be getting them. So we'll have to make this public:

Please get rid of that link in your signature. WE DO NOT ALLOW LINKS TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL ON THIS FORUM. Failure to comply will result in you're being banned. Thank you.

Harry

I didn't see the PMs 'cause there are no PMs..., this is what I see... : You have no messages in this folder

Let me tell you this "Harry"... You didn't even hear my work man..., if you would, you would respect me a little better.

Ban me if you want, I don't care..., I'm banned on every other Carpenters forums anyway, no big deal..., you don't know me.

..., and why should I remove it? Other's have right to put a link to their site in their signature. Why couldn't I? It's a simple link to the front page of my forum, not a link to the mix. Just like the the link that I put in the thread to "Carpenters Mix 01" (that you've closed in a couple of minutes)..., a simple link to the front page of my site. People CAN'T download it directly from that link, they have to register first. That's how I know that you didn't hear my work.

You can link to your site using the "www" button on the bottom of each of your posts. This is done through your profile. There's no need to put a link in your signature because you already have the link button on each post.

It's nothing personal. It's the policy of this website not to allow links to copyrighted material that you don't own. It doesn't matter how good (or bad) your remix work is.

I would suggest you completely remove the reference to "Carpenters Mix 01" from your signature too. Advertising is almost the same as linking. Since you "don't care," I'm sure you won't mind removing those words.

(If you question my reasons for making this post, I'm a moderator here too even though my avatar doesn't have that word in it.)

Mike Blakesley said:
You can link to your site using the "www" button on the bottom of each of your posts. There's no need to put a link in your signature.

It's nothing personal. It's the policy of this website not to allow links to copyrighted material that you don't own. It doesn't matter how good (or bad) your remix work is.

I would suggest you completely remove the reference to "Carpenters Mix 01" too. Advertising is almost the same as linking. Since you "don't care," I'm sure you won't mind removing those words.

(If you question my reasons for making this post, I'm a moderator here too even though my avatar doesn't have that word in it.)

I guess you were replying to my first post..., read the other one.

If you don't like it..., ban me.

Mike Blakesley said:
You can link to your site using the "www" button on the bottom of each of your posts. This is done through your profile. There's no need to put a link in your signature because you already have the link button on each post.

Okay I didn't know that..., but there's still plenty of other people putting a link to their site in their signature. Why everybody's targeting on me? Because of the mix? Man, you should be happy that someone has put hundreds of hours into a mix about The Carpenters..., I've made like 200,000 happy Van Halen fans in a couple of months only and The Carpenters mix is as good as the Van Halen ones..., and like I said it is not directly linked to A&M Corner..., you have to be a registered member on my site to download it.

If you had created material that was 100% your own creation (not derived from others' copyrighted work without their permission) there would be no problem.

By the way, I can't ban you -- I'm not an administrator, just a moderator.

Oh, by the way, did you know Richard did a rare interview today?

Lets get back to the topic at hand. This message board is far too classy for this flame war.

Mike Blakesley said:
If you had created material that was 100% your own creation (not derived from others' copyrighted work without their permission) there would be no problem.

By the way, I can't ban you -- I'm not an administrator, just a moderator.

It's not 100% 'cause I let a Carpenters flow in the mix..., but, mixing different instruments from different Carpenters songs/albums (with exclusively Carpenters sounds) is definitely proper to my mixes only..., no one has ever done that..., you should hear it before saying anything.

JAZZ4JEFF said:
Oh, by the way, did you know Richard did a rare interview today?

Lets get back to the topic at hand. This message board is far too classy for this flame war.

I don't know about the site, but I do know that Richard's interview was great and I that came here to discuss that today..., but "Harry" did a bad mod job..., bad move.

I love you Richard.

Roland Chayer said:
...but "Harry" did a bad mod job..., bad move.

We commend you for your love and passion for the Carpenters and their music Roland, as well as your talents as a remix or editing engineer. However, Harry is correct. As I'm sure even our site owner "Rudy" would agree, we maintain a policy here that restricts the promotion of unauthorized or "bootlegged" material. Perhaps this is why you have been banned from other sites. We respectfully ask that you remove a signature of this nature from your posts when posting in the future. Somehow this thread has managed to veer way off topic.
Thread closed. -Chris

And by the way, great interview Richard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom