Richard's Warsaw Concerto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
While searching around on the 'net for a recording of the Richard Addinsell score used in the classic 1951 SCROOGE: A CHRISTMAS CAROL starring Alistair Sim, I was reminded of the fact that Richard Carpenter had recorded the "Warsaw Concerto", also by Richard Addinsell.

I hadn't realized that the 'Concerto' had been composed for a film though. Using the IMDB, it appears that it was from a 1941 movie called DANGEROUS MOONLIGHT, directed by the same Brian Desmond-Hurst that directed the 1951 SCROOGE.

Richard's rendition of the concerto on the LIVE AT THE PALLADIUM album is really well done, and I thought he deserved a little praise here.

Harry
NP: "Warsaw Concerto", Richard Carpenter

Dangerous Moonlight was a hugely popular film during the wartime period in 1940's Britain ....when Richard released Warsaw Concerto on Palladium album ...my parents recalling this popular composition were delighted with this 1970's / Carpenters release :cool:

Did see the film recently ....while it has dated as one might expect ....the musical parts are still very well done ...& remain the memorable reason for this film ... :wink:

Interesting for Richard to re-visit Warsaw Concerto with full orchestra for a future concert & any changes Richard would bring to this today .... :o

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom