• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

RIP John Pisano

Amnurse

On the TJB fan club website, there is a posting about original member John Pisano's passing yesterday. My husband & I met him & his wife Jeannie at the Loews Plaza Hotel lounge in Nashville in 2004. He was there for the NAMM show, premiering his Eastman JP model guitar. I had him sign my b brand new Les Paul Jr. guitar. It will be a signature that I will always cherish. Condolences to Jeannie & his family.

In Little Girl Blue Randy L. Schmidt wrote that Pisano is the one who actually handed the Carpenters demo tape to Herb Alpert. Jack Daugherty had given it to him.

I'll always remember John's nifty guitar work on "Zorba the Greek" my favorite song from the TJB repertoire. Thank goodness Herb included a segment of "Zorba" performed in concert from the "Herb Alpert Is" DVD. John's guitar on Zorba sparkled and always gave me goose bumps. RIP John, great memories are eternal.

Another Web site remembers the late, great John Pisano.

I'll always remember John's nifty guitar work on "Zorba the Greek" my favorite song from the TJB repertoire. Thank goodness Herb included a segment of "Zorba" performed in concert from the "Herb Alpert Is" DVD. John's guitar on Zorba sparkled and always gave me goose bumps. RIP John, great memories are eternal.
John's guitar playing on "Zorba" will continue to echo with fans for years to come. RIP, John Pisano, and may your music live on forever.

Back
Top Bottom