Rise (with bonus tracks) coming to CD on 5/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Sidoruk said:
An article on the RISE re-issue says that Fandango will be the next release, then Midnight Sun.

I'm not surprised at all about Fandango being next, but Midnight Sun following is a bit of a shocker. I figured Beyond or Keep Your Eye On Me would come first. Oh well....

Capt. Bacardi

By the way, what did Herb (and Randy and Andy for that matter) Think of Puffy and Biggie's sampling of 'Rise' for their song 'Hypnotize'? Would like to know!

Hi Jazzdre:

I was a big fan of Mr. B.I.G. at the time he wanted to use the riff. I had turned down Easy E, Ice Cube, and many others over the years. When I heard the rough cassette (yes cassette) of "Hypnotize", that Puffy sent me, I was hooked. I knew in my gut it would be another #1. Andy didn't know who Biggie was at the time and was cool with whatever I wanted to do. Herb needed a bit of persuading. I L-O-V-E that record and in my opinion the riff rocks.

Special thanks to Randy Badazz Alpert for dropping by A&M Corner (again) with a first hand answer to Jazzdre's question!

Steve Sidoruk said:
Special thanks

Hi Steve:

Firstly, I hope that you and the Mrs. are doing well.

Thanks for posting the album booklet. I had not yet seen the completed packet. I tried to buy the album today however Best Buy, Fry's, and Target did not have it. I imagine that here in a small farming community like Los Angeles with a population of 10 million+ the stores feel that it's too small of a village to stock some "Rise" cd's??? I have (had) a long standing tradition of buying a few copies of a record that I've worked on upon the day of release. This is the first time ever that I was unable to uphold the tradition, however, I did order some records through Amazon. Anyways, I had a feeling that you would have the cover art posted here at A&M Corner and once again you're a king. Thanks Steve.

Count me as another surprised person that MIDNIGHT SUN is on the release schedule. It's all good though. I am guessing Herb is smart not to throw all the best sellers into the market at once....doing RISE now, FANDANGO down the road a while, and saving KEEP YOUR EYE for maybe next year will keep his name in the limelight more than putting them all out at once would.

Hey Randy:

Before I came to this thread, I was at the RISE: Official Comments And Reviews thread, so I hadn't read your reply to me as yet! I really would like to thank you for taking the time to answer my question! That really meant a lot to me!

When Biggie unfortunately was taken from us, his funeral was held in Brooklyn. During the funeral procession, there were hundreds of people( mostly kids) who were in the streets, trying to get into the church to see Biggie's casket. To pacify the crowd, someone played "Hypnotize". Upon hearing the first few chords, before the rapping began, the crowd went WILD!! The kids were jumping all over cars, jumping in the streets; the cops had to called in to restore order! It was really something!

Also, did Puffy know about your uncle and his accomplishments? I have more questions, but they're at the RISE: Official Comments thread. Thanks again for answering my question and making my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom