🎵 12" SotW Rod Stewart: "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" b/w "Scarred and Scared" (Warner Bros. WBSD 8727)

1702443008671.pngRod Stewart
"Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" b/w "Scarred and Scared"

Warner Bros. Records WBSD 8727
Released 1978
Speed: 33â…“ RPM

Remixed by Jim Burgess

A1: Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? (Special Disco Mix) / 6:29
B1: Scarred and Scared / 4:50

From the Warner Bros. Album BSK 3261 Blondes Have More Fun

1702443073265.png

Video from our Lost and Found Sounds channel with both A and B sides:

As many listeners loved this record as those who disliked it! (And it's a great record to tweak the rock snobs with.)

But despite all that, there's no denying the enormous success of this record, as it was a chart-topper. This was typical of 12-inch singles in 1978 due to the hit single getting a remix by a "name" remixer (Jim Burgess, this time out) for the dance clubs. Back in this era, a remix tended to tweak the drums and percussion, and the bass, and new percussion instruments were overdubbed if needed. Due to the remix by Burgess, the sound of this record is excellent, the mix is punchy and rhythmic, yet spacious without being cluttered.

All US copies came with the large hype sticker glued to the jacket; the adhesive from the label on all copies has bled through, hence the blotchy appearance in this photo. My copy is slightly worse than this.

There was also a different version of "Ain't Love A Bitch" on the 45 single (not from "Blondes Have More Fun")!!! The remix version is not on YouTube or Apple iTunes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom