• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Roger Nichols / Paul Williams LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a "composer" series CD that featured tunes by Nichols and Williams, if I'm remembering it correctly. Japanese import. Wonder if it's the same track listing?

I'm a big fan of Nichols/Williams...but I do have my limits! :wink:

In-freaking-credible!

-= N =-

Actually, this was an album kind of like that PORTRAIT album for Herb Alpert, where the song-publisher was issuing a demo for their songs to be used elsewhere. I believe I've seen this one on CD as well. From what I've heard, the songs are sung, in demo fashion, by Paul Williams with sparse arrangements, maybe only a piano or so.

The composer series of CDs from Pony-Canyon in Japan featured one with Nichols-Williams songs as performed by other artists including Carpenters, Sandpipers, and Paul Williams himself. This one was released for public consumption. Called A&M COMPOSER SERIES VOLUME 3, D25Y3275, here's the track list:

We've Only Just Begin - Carpenters
Rainy Days And Mondays - Paul Williams
The Drifter - Roger Nichols & The Small Circle Of Friends
I Won't Last A Day Without You - Carpenters
Let Me Be The One - Paul Williams
To Put Up With You - Sandpipers
Travelling Boy - Paul Williams
We've Only Just Begun - Baja Marimba Band
I Kept On Loving You - Carpenters
Out In The Country - Paul Williams
It's Hard To Say Goodbye - Claudine Longet
Let Me Be The One - Carpenters
I Won't Last A Day Without You - Paul Williams
The Drifter - The Sandpipers
Rainy Days & Mondays - Carpenters
We've Only Just Begun - Pual Williams

It's a rare one, and I've only managed to obtain a digital copy of it in trade. It's biggest weakness is the repetition of the some of the same song by different artists.

Harry
NP: "It's Hard To Say Goodbye" - Claudine Longet

Harry said:
That Nichols/Williams LP that was for sale on eBay and went for an incredible $890 ...

Holy $#@*!!!! That sort of makes my $150 for the Alpert Portrait In Music seem rather tame now. Finally, someone's a bigger loser than me! :D

Capt. Bacardi
...waiting for somebody to agree with me, online...really - anybody at all - hello? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom