S.R.O. Mania on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetijuanataxi

How's this for wierd? There are currently 3 Copies of the Japanese S.R.O CD on auction on eBay. One is about to end and was at $246 last I checked. The other two, listed by the same seller, are starting at $0.99 with no reserve. Both are listed as "mega rare". Odd to see 3 of these at once.

David,
who paid $40 for his copy in 1989....

How much better can an original SRO CD (Japanese Issue) sound compared to a good quality LP transfered to a CD-R?

$250.00 better?

I have seen a couple of other items up for auction on e-bay recently, in particular an Arp 2600 synthesizer, that was listed multiple times. I think there's some kind of glitch. If not, I'll take one of the 99 cent copies . . .

Greg Shannon :cool:

IMHO the SRO CD is a POS. (How's THAT for acronyms! :D ) I don't think it ever was a good sounding album to begin with (mediocre at best, IMHO), and 20+ years of tape deterioration certainly hasn't been friendly to this album either. The only version worse version than this one I've heard is the reel-to-reel version; I don't think an A&M reel tape exists with frequency response over 10kHz, they're that bad. (They were high-speed mass duplicated, just like every other tape format that ever existed...and this was in the days before noise reduction.)

I'll take a straight LP dub over this one any day. The LP just has life to it.

If I found the CD in the used bins for $10 or $15, you bet I'd pick it up. But to spend over $300? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom