sealed Carpenters lps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I know I have several sealed mint cond Carpenters lps including Voice of the Heart. Most of them I've stumbled upon. Well about an hour ago while visiting one of my trusty used record stores I found a factory sealed vinyl Made in America lp. I live for things like this. It is a rush like no other. My pulse races, blood pressure up, sweat, giddiness, audible sounds of celebratory achievement and down right awe. At first I stare disbelievingly. Check shrink wrap once, twice, three times...SOLD! Really the closest elation next to an outright new C's release of years gone by or a leak of the what's to come. This is such a rare and unusual experience that I wish all of my fellow KC/RC followers could share in the outright joy! So much fun. I think it would be a ball for several of us die-hard enthusiasts to meet and share the thrill of detecting these treasures. It might get a little dicey as to whom the gems would go home with but up to that point the journey of discovery would be a kick in the pants I'm sure.

Wishin you were there,

Jeff

Fantastic Jeff!

I remember how i 'stumbled' across a new MIA album in mid 80's in a little record shop in north of england where i lived.

I didnt know about this album for some reason and it was wonderful to see a brand new Carpenters album.
Wish i could see sealed albums like that now, id snap them up and enjoy that 'first pristine play'!

Regards
Bob

Here we are six weeks after my sealed MIA find and today I stumble upon and purchase a factory sealed Voice of the Heart. That makes 2 copies of VOICE or maybe even 3 marinating in their original shrink wrap. Also I made it home with 2 "good" cond Touch Me 45's. 2 SING, 1 Yesterday Once More, a Hurting Each Other and a It's Gonna Take Some Time. The sleeves are anywhere between fair to good also. Some for $1 others for $2. Eventually these will be nestled in with their many mint counterparts. This is the 1st day of vacation and I kicked it off with one big swing thru the cities treasure chests. Also grabbed a fine cond KC solo disc...just cuz I can't help myself. In and amongst todays offerings was a disc out of Argentina called TWENTY TWO HITS of the CARPENTERS. This disc I didn't have. First scan indicates numerous remixes. Will listen later. The cover is from the Kind Of Hush photo sessions.

Had a good day on the prowl!

Probably this one, but offered in Argentina:

carp22hits.jpg

Catalog number: 540 447-2 (Hong Kong)
Track listing:
1. I Need To Be In Love (1990 remix)
2. We've Only Just Begun (1985 remix)
3. Superstar (1991 remix)
4. Rainy Days And Mondays (1991 remix)
5. Top Of The World (1973 version, 1991 remix)
6. Sing (1994 remix)
7. Only Yesterday (middle-length edit)
8. Ticket To Ride (1973 version, reversed stereo)
9. Goodbye To Love (1991 remix)
10. It's Going To Take Some Time (1989 remix)
11. This Masquerade (1990 remix)
12. Sweet, Sweet Smile
13. I Won't Last A Day Without You (1991 remix, single version, slow)
14. Solitaire
15. Please Mr. Postman (1991 remix)
16. Hurting Each Other (1990 remix)
17. There's A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World) (1985 remix)
18. Jambalaya (On the Bayou) (1991 remix)
19. For All We Know (1990 remix)
20. Touch Me When We're Dancing
21. (They Long to Be) Close to You (1991 remix)
22. Yesterday Once More (1985 remix)

Harry

Just got home with another mint sealed Made In America. A little shop I frequent bi-annually had it and he will be calling back tomorrow making available many pic sleeve singles. He rattled them off something like YOM, Only Yest, Postman, Hurting, and several more. This is too much fun!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom