• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sealed Roger Nichols LP to expire today on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4758583392

Current bid as of 1 PM Eastern Time is $152.50!

It won't matter if you bid on it - the current bidder, www.bestsoundrecords.com WILL win. Whoever they are - they are relentless in tracking down and buying EVERY copy of this LP as it shows up on eBay.

Harry

Almost sounds like that seller "mymusicfix" that shows up on eBay and Amazon with outrageous selling prices. It just bugs me when someone with no interest in the album musically will bid on and buy every copy of something, taking it out of our hands, just to turn a profit. I want a Nichols LP but I have my price limit on it.

Well, it's a good thing I bought what I thought was one of the last Still-Sealed copies of this (also with a Metal Grommet in the corner) and I still have my "COMPLETE" CD reissue, too!

I do wonder about those who do buy these "rarities" just to "resale", myself; one "listen" and I think that buyer will consider this LP "priceless"!

...Wishing that I bought the Still-Sealed Joanne Vent LP that I also saw at the same store, years later... :|

Dave

Update - just to prove my point, take a look on eBay again today. There are two different promo versions of the Roger Nichols album out there, one mono, one stereo. The mono is up to $100 and the stereo is going at the moment for $36. Both have high bids by our good friends at www.bestsoundrecords.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/lp-ROGER-NICHOL...goryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roger-Nichols-a...goryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There must be a helluva market for these in Japan, that's all I can think of.

I guess at this rate, I'll never get a copy of this LP.

Harry

Maybe he's not only crazy but maybe he's ROger Nichols trying to get these things out of circulation! That'd be crazy!

--Mr Bill

I have the CD, 3 of them in fact - the original Japanese release, the Complete Japanese release, and the even more Complete Revola release. I want a copy of the LP just as a collector. Somehow it will make me feel more connected to the album, almost as a makegood for not paying it any attention all those years ago.

It's just frustrating to always be thwarted by the same buyer, time and time again. All I want is ONE copy - not 1000.

Harry

It would be interesting to know where these LPs go after they're snatched up by these sellers who have no interest in the music. I'll bet they gouge the suckers who buy next.

Provided it is clean, the LP will probably sound a bit warmer.

Harry--did you ever get the turntable working again?

Rudy said:
Provided it is clean, the LP will probably sound a bit warmer.

Harry--did you ever get the turntable working again?

Yes and no. I've been using my alternate turntable since my main one went into hyperdrive. I was going to perhaps take the broken one to a repair shop, but then thought I'd look on eBay to see what was out there. I found the exact model of mine, the SLQ30, for $33 including shipping.

That TT arrived in the mail, and I'm either going to use it for parts, or spruce it up as the main TT. It seems to work OK, but it's a little grungy looking. I figure out of two of them, I can come away with one good working (and looking) turntable.

All I need is time. Anyone know where I can find some? :)

Harry

Sounds like you have enough there do a Frankenstein and put the two together. I would think the motor and control board assemblies should just bolt in there, without needing any soldering.

Turntables! ARRrrghh!

I still need to thake pictures of the one Mrs Bill gave me two years ago for Christmas (a Dual, acquired off eBay) so I can get your advice on what to do about the little broken hook thingy that holds the cartridge to the tone arm...

--Mr Bill

No matter what they tell you, you just can’t have too many sealed copies of Roger Nichol’s “Small Circle of Friends”… no matter what the price is.

Mr Bill said:
Turntables! ARRrrghh!

I still need to thake pictures of the one Mrs Bill gave me two years ago for Christmas (a Dual, acquired off eBay) so I can get your advice on what to do about the little broken hook thingy that holds the cartridge to the tone arm...

--Mr Bill

Still waiting for those pictures... :wink: If it's something you can't fix at home, I think there are a couple of guys online who sell the parts for these. Headshell parts are rather common I think.

Mike said:
...you just can’t have too many sealed copies of Roger Nichol’s “Small Circle of Friends”…

I say, one listen and you'll consider it PRICELESS! :badteeth:

Dave

...thinking that The Music is for List'nin' To--Not Getting Rich Off Of!!! My Collection is PROOF!! :goofygrin:

Well I finally managed to win a Roger Nichols LP on eBay. After sending a query to the bestsoundrecords guy about him grabbing them all up, I think he might have backed off on the one he saw me bidding on. The auction ended in the $50-$60 range - a fair price I thought for something I really want. It's coming from California so it should take a while to get to the Philly area - perhaps this week sometime.

I'm sure I'll give it a listen or two, but it's more about owning that classic album with an ochre label than it is actually playing it. Perhaps it'll have a warmer sound on vinyl, I'm not expecting much, and it's more than likely that I'll continue playing one of the CD versions I have around here most of the time.

Harry
...soon to be proud owner of SP-4139, online...

I missed out on one last year--a local used record shop, Car City Records, had one up, and it closed at a decent price, and I don't think our "bestsound" guy was in on that one. Thing is, there was also a WLP copy of a stereo Merry-Go-Round LP that got no bids. I messaged Car City through eBay and said I was interested, but never heard back. Their loss! Hasn't been the same since the last owner left there. :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom