• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio Mendes Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbsugar

Music is life
I was scouring the record bins at a local Goodwill and found an LP by The Sergio Mendes Trio, issued by Tower Records (Capitol subsidiary?) and it was in fairly good shape. Does anyone know anything about this LP, and is it basically the same music as the Japanese cd?

Any info is appreciated.

This LP is one of my favorites! It was actually issued under a few different names...I have it on a CD that I think is titled Best of Brasil '65 (on the Curb label), and Dusty Groove actually has a CD version that is issued in its original cover. I actually have the Tower pressing, titled In A Brazilian Bag...and yes, it's one of Capitol's labels, far as I can tell.

Rudy said:
This LP is one of my favorites! It was actually issued under a few different names...I have it on a CD that I think is titled Best of Brasil '65 (on the Curb label), and Dusty Groove actually has a CD version that is issued in its original cover. I actually have the Tower pressing, titled In A Brazilian Bag...and yes, it's one of Capitol's labels, far as I can tell.

Neil has a point. This is a sensational album - my introduction to the jazz side of Sergio Mendes. My father, a big time jazz lover, had this in reel-to-reel format on the Capital label. Turns out my parents were fans of The Sergio Mendes Trio & Brasil '65 long before Brasil '66 came on the scene.

In short (too late...) this album has been released under more titles and label's than you can shake a stick at! Of course, being the official A&M Corner Brasil Nut, I have a copy of each and every incarnation of this title and/or label :tongue:

Jon...the "Sergio Mendes Trio/'65/'66 & Beyond Brasil Nut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom