Sergio Over The Back Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
No, it's not a "lost" cut or another rendition of BMB's "Coming In The Back Door." It's what happens when you blast Sergio & Brasil '66 while doing yard work. The CDs of choice being Fool On The Hill, Crystal Illusions and Equinox.

As we worked to the magic of "Festa," we heard the neighbor behind us singing along, "La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la..." Later, while listening to Crystal Illusions, we heard the right-side neighbor singing along with "Pretty World." Between songs, we heard his young wife exclaim, "What the hell is this?" "It's Brasil '66," replied her husband, beginning to hum along with "Dois Dias". "You are so weird!" she complained and went back in the house. We couldn't help but laugh.

It reminds me of that car commercial with the guy singing along to "American Pie" while his girlfriend sits on the curb waiting for the song to end. When the guy gets out the the car, she makes a comment like, "You are so strange..." to which he replies, "I love that song!"

Gee, maybe we should blast Sergio & Co. more often? It certainly made the neighbors happy and weed-pulling a snap! :wink:

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Good one Jon!

I left my Brazil 88 CD in the car CD player. My wife went to go out with her friend and the kids and she stopped while I was doing the grass. She asked, "who is this?" I told her it was Sergio Mendes and she looked at her friend with a weird face and took off. She likes country music.

I think I listened to Waters of March about 50 times this month. I remember back in January when listening to it, that I couldn't wait until it was March. Now March has come and gone. I guess April still has many of the remnents of March so we can still listen to it and many of the lyrics still apply.

Oh and I'm still waiting for someone to post a hot picture of Karen! Take care,

Vinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom