Sex Pistols GSTQ A&M acetate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be suspicious as that particular record is one of the more frequently bootlegged titles, just because of its newsworthiness and rarity.

Genuine acetates from that period that I've seen usually have a black A&M logo at the bottom of the label, not a large red one at the 9 o'clock position.

Harry

Harry: Thank you for your reply. My problem with this is that I know that there are 2 authentic A&M acetates of GSTQ (then titled 'No Future') in existence. Both of them are single-sided and on a PYE label with the correct A&M catalogue number. Both were vetted by top London auction houses and Record Collector magazine. I'm no expert on A&M acetates, but why would A&M produce a different type of acetate especially with the incorrect titled 'No Feelings' instead of the released 'No Feeling'? Too many things don't seem right.

Wow...sounds like you should trust your gut instinct on this one. Actually, it looks like the auction has ended. But with bootlegs so rampant on eBay recently, it's hard to say either way. I don't see anything else assigned to the AMS-7284 catalog number, either...

Wish I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom