• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sheryl Crow "Very Best Of" DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I got the ICE Magazine in the mail today & there is a article on "The CD Watchdog". When A&M issued Sheryl Crow's "The Very Best Of" late last year, her fans eagerly sprang for the deluxe edition, because it added a bonus DVD compiling Crow's videos. Those same fans were dismayed to find that the DVD was loaded with glitches, and an avalanche of them voiced their complaints to ICE. Reader Allen Kirby laments, "There are large pixelations during at least half of the videos. It happens three times during 'If It Makes You Happy,' 'Soak Up The Sun,' 'Home' and 'My Favorite Mistake.' The audio drops out twice during 'Everyday Is A Winding Road,' and the first few seconds is missing from 'Anything But Down' and 'All I Wanna Do.' The video also freezes in the middle of 'Strong Enough' and 'A Change Would Do You Good.' I'm hoping something can be done to remedy these problems for all of us who purchased this edition." Reader Wayne Parker allows that he can live with certain "minor disappointments," namely, the omission of "The First Cut Is The Deepest," Crow's recent single. "The main concern, though," he writes, "is the amount of defects throughout the DVD." Parker then goes on to enumerate not only the previously stated glitches but also "Strong Enough," on which he encountered "a lot of pixelation (looks like the video was copied from a bad VCD source). If there were only one or two defects that weren't that noticeable, I probably would not be complaining, but since there is a hefty price on this package (from $22.95-29.99), I think this is something that should be looked into." Remarkably, during several months of initially researching this obvious manufacturing mistake, nobody at IGA (Interscope/Geffen/A&M) seemed to have a handle on it. Label staffer Dave Tomberlin even admitted to ICE, "Strangely, nobody here was aware of the problem." But Tomberlin eventually came around, acknowledged the serious defects, assured us it's been corrected, and offered us an address to which any consumer could send their defective DVD for an exchange: Sheryl Crow DVD Exchange, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, 2220 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404. -Bud Scoppa. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.