• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Stones Drummer Has Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has been diagnosed with throat cancer, but it looks like he'll be okay. From Yahoo news:

Stones Drummer Watts Treated for Cancer

capt.mawt10708141648.ctcops_6417189_rolling_stones_mawt107.jpg

LONDON - Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts is being treated for throat cancer, a spokesman for the band said Saturday.

Watts, 63, was diagnosed in June and has completed four weeks of a six-week course of radiotherapy at London's Royal Marsden Hospital.

"He is expecting to make a full recovery and start work with the rest of the band later in the year," the spokesman said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

He said Watt's treatment had not interfered with any tour or recording plans for the Stones, who have been "relaxing between work commitments" following a world tour last year.

Known as the most laid-back member of the band he joined more than 40 years ago, Watts has also performed with a variety of jazz ensembles.

Capt. Bacardi

Well, what can you say?- that SUCKS! Hopefully he will be OK.
I am really kind of surprised at all the bad music news of late.
The Rick James death still has not registered with me fully even now.
The secret to good health is 20 hits a day- at the A&M Corner.

I thought Keith WAS 110! :laugh:

Charlie's really the soul of the group, IMHO. I miss Bill Wyman, but w/o Charlie, it just wouldn't be the Stones anymore. Wishing him a speedy recovery! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom