• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Rekkid Bag (Your Recent 12"/EP/Promo Purchases)

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Since it's so rare I get to buy anything lately, I felt I'd commemorate by starting a thread about it. :D
Found Cheryl Lynn's "Star Love" b/w "Shake It Up Tonight" on the Columbia Mixed Masters 12" single reissue series. I can't crank it tonight (all the windows are open), but it doesn't sound very worn, if at all. "Shake" is a bit noisy, so it's going to need a trip through the rekkid cleaner. "Star Love" sounded quite good, and the reason I bought the single. All of $2 at Encore in Ann Arbor (as I had a box of stuff I was trading in for cash).

My latest bag o' goodies! :D

12":

Mister Magic/Sausalito (Live) - Grover Washingtion, Jr. (Rare UK Kudu/CTI 12" comes in a plain white non-die cut sleeve with a round sticker)

Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless) (Promo EP) - Barry De Vorzon & Perry Botkin, Jr. (Rare US A&M promo EP that contains the duo's tracks from the "Nadia" various artists LP. One side has the four tracks in stereo and the other side is mono. Comes in picture sleeve with the same artwork as the 45 picture sleeve and LP, except the background is grey instead of blue.)

Smoking Gun - The Robert Cray Band (US Mercury promo w/ same song on both sides. Comes in a nice picture jacket.)

Veronica - Elvis Costello (Rare US WB promo w/ same song on both sides. Comes in a color title sleeve.)

You were jammin' on "Eminence Front" earlier too... :D

I've probably heard "Mister Magic" before, most likely on WJZZ locally back in the 70s.

You were jammin' on "Eminence Front" earlier too... :D

I've probably heard "Mister Magic" before, most likely on WJZZ locally back in the 70s.

Jammin' The Who for sure earlier! :D That rekkid really sounds dynamite!! Mastered by the good folks at The Mastering Lab. Pretty sure Doug Sax cut that one. I'm still waiting for the Grover to arrive from the UK. That one was actually issued circa 1980 from what I'm told.

One other item I bought this week I forgot to mention:

The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & The Range (Very rare US RCA 12" promo w/ same track on both sides. Comes in a custom picture sleeve with US tour dates on the the front.)

Back
Top Bottom