• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

THIS IS SPAM: reissue campaign for "Music, Music, Musi

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: A&M Corner is treating this issue as SPAM. Please DO NOT heed any of the advice given therein! We are leaving this thread posted temporarily as an FYI.

Original post follows...

Dear friend:
It's my pleasure to announce that I'll have the honor to start the international campaign with the objective of getting the re-release of the NBC TV Special The Carpenters did in 1980 called "Music, Music, Music" in DVD format . Which featured Ella Fitzgerald and John Davidson.

The plan is to send thousands of e-mails from everyone who is related to The Carpenters: fans' clubs, particular fans, special sites and all that has to be with Karen & Richard.

The fans must call/write to A & M Records to ask for the release of "Music, Music,
Music" in DVD! Please say that Sergio Orellana is the person in charge of the campaign.

2,000 fans must call/write to push A & M Records to publish this DVD!

Interscope/Geffen/A&M Records
2220 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404 (310)
865-1000
825 8th Ave, 29th Fl, New York, NY 10019 (212)445-3353

Richard Carpenter knows of this campaign.
Kindly, Sergio Orellana
Buenos Aires, Argentina :wink:
[email protected]

(Thread title edited by Moderator to avoid confusion)

An admiarble undertaking, I suppose. However, for accuracy's sake, MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC aired on ABC-TV.

Harry

There was an ad on the back page of last week's Billboard announcing the release of five Barbra Streisand specials on DVD so I guess anything is possible. (The irritating thing about packages like this is, they put 5 specials on 5 DVDs when the shows would all easily fit on ONE disk. Just in the name of making it look like a huge package, therefore worth more $$.)

I don't know if I'd buy this Carps one -- the music is mostly prerecorded anyway, isn't it? I guess it'd be an interesting historic artifact. A rental, maybe.

I know that Richard is not interested in getting involved in this, however it is a nice gesture. That was such a great program. -Chris

Chris May said:
I know that Richard is not interested in getting involved in this, however it is a nice gesture. That was such a great program. -Chris

Chris,

I know you've be able to meet Richard through BB. I'm curious, have you talked to Richard recently?

GOODY4SHOES said:
Chris,

I know you've be able to meet Richard through BB. I'm curious, have you talked to Richard recently?

No Joe, I haven't. I know he's been very involved in putting together the automobile features on his website, including taking all of those pics himself, which was quite an undertaking given his perfectionism. Richard's assistant Becky Boxberger is a friend of mine and I am updated on things pretty regularly. -Chris

And what an absolutely marvelous job he did with those pictures! How clean , clear and immaculate everything is. Very impressive job.

Marilyn,
who would LOVE to see Music, Music, Music on DVD!

Hello Sergio!

Thanks for the heads-up regarding your campaign. "Music, Music, Music" was a wonderful special and would be great to see again. Unfortunately, sources within the Carpenters home-base don't feel that Richard is much interested in releasing an authorized re-print and have asked people to stop inquiring about it.

Therefore I, along with the other moderators feel it is best to lock this thread topic, as your posting multiple threads on the same topic at this point seems a bit unneccesary. Thanks for your understanding. -Chris

Duplicate posts removed...please do not "bump" threads or include personal information in posts, thank you.

Note: we have just deleted about a dozen spam posts by this "Sergio" person in our forum (member "pinguino1971") as of a few minutes ago, and this person has been permanently banned.

As such, I would like all members to treat this reissue campaign thread as SPAM. There is no such campaign or petition to get this material released. This person has been warned both by A&M Corner AND Richard's office to cease and desist this harassment at once, and yet it persists. We will be seeking legal recourse against this individual, as well as informing his internet provider of this activity in a move to get his internet access revoked.

If any member here is harassed, please let one of the moderators know so we can save it as evidence. Thank you. And sorry for the disruption!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom