• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Ticket to Ride- British LP W/ different track listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I thought this might be interesting to some of the board members.

I acquired a Bristish pressing of Ticket to Ride and boy is it different.
First of all, it has an alternate cover. It has a pic of Karen and Richard that looks to be late 70s.

It also has a different track listing with 2 songs from Close to You.
These are the tracks

side 1

We've Only Just Begun
Your Wonderful Parade
Someday
Get Together
All Of My Life
Turn Away

side 2

Ticket To Ride
Don't Be Afraid
What's The Use
All I Can Do
Eve
Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing
(They Long To Be) Close To You

After I took the record out, I noticed that it had a Manufactured for Pleasure label. Does anybody know what this is :?:

Andrew,

MFP = Music For Pleasure, a series of budget releases that I can remember going back to the late 60's. I've not come across that particular release, but I do have Ticket To Ride on vinyl released on the Hamlet label, which I picked up in the late 70's. This one is a true version of TTR/ Offering.

I once owned this vinyl album. WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN began with the first verse of CLOSE TO YOU, just as it does on the SINGLES album.

I think, the producers of this LP included two hits from Carpenters to make it more attractive.

Bruno
who no longer owns this album

Years ago I saw a TICKET TO RIDE Compact Disc from Britain, I believe, that had these extra tracks on it. I'm sorry now that I didn't buy it.

Harry
...regretting a past decision, onlilne...

This MFP re-issue should be with red/pink cover and photo from 1976/1977 on front ?

A&M UK licenced this album to MFP -when Hamlet 1975 UK issue ceased.

MFP issued this set in 1979 to celebrate Carpenters 10th Anniversary and
included the rare longer version of WOJB that previously appeared on USA Singles 1969-1973 album :)

This release was a continual budget price best seller until A&M finally issued Ticket To Ride as UK CD in 1990 :o

Peter

Is there anything diff about this LP besides the track listing and cover?

Are the songs the studio originals?

Is this considered a re-issue LP?

...with questions, online...

Other than longer version of WOJB -all the other tracks were the Offering / Ticket To Ride original recordings -even the title track !

Recall that Close to You was single edit and not album long version.

Both Hamlet and MFP were re-issues and collectibles for fans :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom