Time LP on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that is probably a decent price, since the Cd sometimes goes for more on ebay. I think the album version cover pic shows up alot better than the shrunk CD cover. It also appears to be lighter too. I think Richard looks very natural in that pic, natural smile, unlike so many of his other photos or video where is looks forced smiling.

Speaking of Time, In the liner notes, Richard thanks Herb Alpert for contributing the flugelhorn solo on "When Time Was All We Had" Was this song the only song that Herb guested on or ever contributed to a Carpenters song?

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Speaking of Time, In the liner notes, Richard thanks Herb Alpert for contributing the flugelhorn solo on "When Time Was All We Had" Was this song the only song that Herb guested on or ever contributed to a Carpenters song?

Nope - re-read the credits on OFFERING/TICKET TO RIDE. An "H.Alpert" is credited with playing the "shaker."

And then there's the story of Herb virtually forcing Carpenters to do "Close To You" back in the early days, even though he had nothing to do with the actual production or recording.

Harry
...heading for the TV for awhile, online...

Chris is right, though, that the LP packaging for Time really is a lot nicer than the reduced-in-size CD counterpart.

And, while we're on the subject, has anyone ever noticed the time on the stop-watch pictured all over the album? Ignoring the hour hand, it reads 39 minutes and 20 seconds. That's only slightly more than the actual timing of the full album, 38:54. Coincidence?

Harry
...reading the hands of TIME, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom