Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Anyone have this? Released Nov 2003.

1. Top of the World
2. Sing
3. Top Of The World (Karaoke Version)
4. Sing (Karaoke Version)

Is track 1 & 2 remixes or original versions? Did Richard further tweek these? Any differences?

Is Top of the World Karaoke version any different than the Karaoke verison on Yesterday Once More Master Karaoke?

I have never heard the Sing Karaoke...Do you hear any Karen backing vocals like on some other Karaoke tracks or is it just a straight instrumental version only???

Anyone know these answers???? I tried to search first but there are too many return responses over 20 pages. Thanks

Hey Chris,

I own a copy of this and the only difference is the new instrumental remix of "SING" engineered by Jimmy Hoyson.

It is nearly identical to the 1994 Interpretations mix, less Karen's lead of course. All of the backing vocals are there (kids too) as it sounds very good. As far as I can remember, the other (3) tracks were the [late] Roger Young mixes. -Chris

Oh yeah, at the modulation back to E-flat (where Richard and Karen sing harmony, Richard on lead) those tracks have been taken out so all you hear are the La-La-Do-La-La's from the kids until Karen comes in singing in a doubled voice "make it simple to last your whole life long..." (I had forgotten about that) :) -Chris

thanks chris, do you feel that this something worth picking up? Are there any liner notes by Richard inside, any photos inside?

when you said,
"only difference is the new instrumental remix of "SING" engineered by Jimmy Hoyson"
Does that mean the song sounds totally different hearing it from say the original mix?

I wonder what the reason was for Richard making this single?

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
when you said,
"only difference is the new instrumental remix of "SING" engineered by Jimmy Hoyson"
Does that mean the song sounds totally different hearing it from say the original mix?
What I meant was more or less the obvious. In other words, the fact that this was the first instrumental remix of the song makes it a 'new' mix so-to-speak. When I think of the "original", I think of the 1973 version, piano in mono, etc. Richard re-cut the piano for remix on "Interpretations" in '94, as that piano is in stereo and a bit more energetic. You hear that remix of "SING" on several compilations now. Basically all Richard did here was the same thing he did with all of the other karaoke remixes. He used the masters that contained the newly recorded instrumental tracks and did a completely updated mix, however without Karen's lead vocal.

This version of "SING" sounds like the exact same one we've been listening to for (10) years now, except without the lead vocal.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
I wonder what the reason was for Richard making this single?

I think I read somewhere that this song was being used in either a movie or a television series of some sort. I don't exactly remember now. It had gained some new found interest in listeners in Japan and I believe that was why the interest also came about for the instrumental remix. The Japanese are notorious for the karaoke stuff! :) -Chris

P.S.: There are no photos, etc. This was released as a maxi-single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom