Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again

GaryAlan

Here, I want to highlight words from an interview with Richard Carpenter, UK 1994 (specifically, listen at 18:35-19:38) :
"...originally it was bass, piano, drums and work lead...so, we added 24 strings and acoustic guitar, electric guitar and one little flourish with synthesizer."
"...it is baroque-tinged and a little bit different from my ordinary arrangement."
"...as I was sitting down to work on this (arrangement) several months back, it came back to me that one reason we didn't pursue it in '75 is that I wasn't happy
with what I was picturing for the orchestra
...I don't know if I was in the right frame of mind in '75... to do this type of an arrangement."

Here is the 1994 UK interview:

I’m already thinking if it’s a UK interview from 1994, then he must have been here to promote the Coleman book.

Loved this Ed, thanks again. I was slightly out with my timing, he was over for the release of Interpretations. I wonder if he made two visits to the UK that year because he was definitely here the same year for the book tour as well.

Loved this Ed, thanks again. I was slightly out with my timing, he was over for the release of Interpretations. I wonder if he made two visits to the UK that year because he was definitely here the same year for the book tour as well.

It depends on whether the link to the pic you posted is from a UK site or not (I'm guessing it is). If so, then that photo of Richard is dated 7 December 1994 (rather than 12 July following US date style), which would tie in with a visit after Interpretations was released.

The Ray Coleman book came out in May/June 1994, so unless he visited separately to promote that as well (I have to say I don't remember him doing so), then it looks like he promoted the book during the same UK visit that he did interviews for Interpretations.

The Ray Coleman book came out in May/June 1994, so unless he visited separately to promote that as well (I have to say I don't remember him doing so), then it looks like he promoted the book during the same UK visit that he did interviews for Interpretations.

That did occur to me but then why didn’t Gloria Hunniford mention the book in the interview?

My pleasure.. :wink:

Ed

Back
Top Bottom