Two Brasil '66 albums continue in limbo at Apple Music

FamPortraitGroupShotAdj.jpg
Perhaps the TjB tuxes were multicolored on that day. Herb's looks black, Tonni's and Edmondson's look dark red, Ceroli's brown(?), Pisano and Senatore look like an olive green in this photo anyway.

FamilyPortraitRight.jpg

Here Ceroli's looks red like Tonni and Edmondson.

Yep---and the vests are black---so a jacket change for everyone but Herb, a quick walk or ride to the wildflowers, and bam! There's another album cover.

For those who don't know L.A. well, Griffith Park is less than three miles from the A&M lot.

FamPortraitGroupShotAdj.jpg
Perhaps the TjB tuxes were multicolored on that day. Herb's looks black, Tonni's and Edmondson's look dark red, Ceroli's brown(?), Pisano and Senatore look like an olive green in this photo anyway.

FamilyPortraitRight.jpg

Here Ceroli's looks red like Tonni and Edmondson.
I love that top photo where they are gathered at the table may I have permission to download that pic for my private collection?

I mentioned here a few years ago that I thought the BEAT OF THE BRASS cover was shot at the same time.

But someone pointed out that the tuxes the Brass wore on the FAMILY PORTRAIT cover are brown and the ones on BEAT OF THE BRASS are black.

R-2474399-1336841509-3184.jpg

Costume change? Different day? Who knows?

Given the preponderance of all those mustard plants -- which grow wild along the coastal areas in California -- I'd date the BOTB cover photos from no sooner than late-MAR 1968. Apparently, A&M was quite eager to spotlight Liza Minnelli. She's easily seen in the front cover photo even though her LP was yet to be released (listed as "forthcoming" on the LP rear sleeve; Wikipedia lists Liza's recording dates as OCT-DEC1967 and a release date of 26FEB1968).

Of note is the inclusion of Robin Wilson's name -- whose first A&M single (#959) wouldn't be issued until AUG1968 (furthermore, her follow-up (#1079) single came 11 months later, JUL1969).

Back
Top Bottom