• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

UK 40/40 RELEASE DATE & BOX SET PLANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Hi All,

40/40 releases are generating plenty of release information- websites- & media coverage ....after Japanese 40/40 Best selection & 20/20 recent releases ....US release this week .....some European releases due & finally Universal / A&M UK have confirmed :

40/40 2 Disc CD release : Monday 16 November 2009

This will be Blue cover as listed on other topics & as with US release includes Touch Me When We're Dancing in place of most recent released track : Leave Yesterday Behind .... :)

There is also planned Box Set & awaiting confirmation of format & contents : Unlikely to replicate Japanese 40th Aniv Hard Covers Box set ....& more likely to be similar to 2008 ABBA Box set ....which was one box with all Studio albums included plus one Rarities disc that collected stand alone Singles , B sides & other rare tracks ....this retailed for £39 ( $59) & then reduced by major retailers to be a very affordable Box set that allowed both original collectors & new fans to have all Studio Albums together :cool:

Carpenters Box Set will have more discs & retail at higher price : however with only a few individual Studio albums available ....this will be best means of obtaining Carpenters Studio Catalogue ..... :D

ITV " CELEBRATING THE CARPENTERS " TV Special will be transmitted 18/11 OR 19/11 OR 20/11 ....final scheduling still to be confirmed ..... :)

More to look forward towards ......

Peter UK

I remember seeing the ABBA set at FNAC several times and thinking that the Carpenters really should have the same type of set. What a fantastic idea! And probably much, much more affordable than the Japanese sets that I am still trying to sell my vital organs in order to get!

Box set? Great news!!

Peter, have you, or has your friend attended the ITV shooting? Dionne Warwick invited fans and other performers's fan sites posted the information.

I saw a couple of pictures from the taping. Girls in red singing with postmen dancers. The Saturdays?

Sakura

I have a "limited Edition" boxed set I bought in UK in 1989. Contains all the albums, including a combined Christmas set, and several pages of notes and pictures. Probably worth a bit now, but not for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom