• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

UMG in bed with eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

Universal Music Group has opened a store within eBay,offering new releases,catalog items,artist memorabilia as well as "hard-to-find" music,12" singles,classical vinyl records and imports. Many items have a buy it now feature. Rhino has done this from time to time,I believe with proceeds always going to a charity. EMI tried this,too, a while back. When EMI's Blue Note still had a forum,I questioned the ethics of profitting from excessive monies while the artists received only due royalties,not a cut of the action. For whatever reason,the EMI store seemed to be short lived. The question of ethics does not come into play with UMG,but I guess it will be interesting to see if any A&M stuff shows up. A brief look at the store shows a large amount of Special Product items at so-so "Buy It Now" prices and midline 2Oth Century Masters items at equally yawn-inducing prices,but they include the two Maria Conchita Alonso SP titles. An autographed BonJovi guitar is supposed to be featured on Thursday as kind of a grand openig item,though they appear to have been quietly operating since July 1st...we'll see. Mac

For the record,while re-reading the feedback of the store,Universal evidently was doing a trial run July,2002,not 2003. It ran from July thru September 2002,then mystriously started up again yesterday. Mac

N,

Doing just fine! I'm at work right now, and probably shouldn't be on the internet right now! :shock:

This may be OT, but what's happening over at Nipper's Place? I had to sign up again with a new user name in order to post messages!?!

Weird...did it lose your old username, or would it just not log in?

For the record, and continuing off-topic, I've been 'denied access' at Nippers Place here at work. No trouble from home.

Harry

Chris--don't know what happened. Very strange, but I put your "rmos" username back in your old profile and reset the password. You can go in and have the system send you a new temporary password, or I can make up a temporary one and e-mail it to you.

Wish I could merge your new user ID with your old one...although I'm thinking I might be able to do an SQL query and change all of your "new" ID posts to the old ones.

Thanks, Neil! I'm heading to Nippers Place now!

[Just for the record, I tried to e-mail (or is it PM?) you in Nippers Place but I never got a response, that's why I asked you about the problem here.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom