• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never underestimate the bargain-hunting abilities of the eBay crowd!

I should list my GOING PLACES disk. Oughta fetch a hundred at least!

Like the Dr Hook song, “The Millionaire”

And I got more money,
Then a horse has hairs.
Cause my rich old uncle died,
And answered all my prayers!
Having all this money,
Is going to bring me down.
If you ain't with me honey,
To help me spread it around!

Mike Blakesley said:
Never underestimate the bargain-hunting abilities of the eBay crowd!

I should list my GOING PLACES disk. Oughta fetch a hundred at least!

I'm hanging onto my original TJB CDs just because I don't know how the mastering is going to sound on the new discs! However, I've still given thought to getting rid of my old CDs to pay for the new ones. :D Heck, there are still copies of the old CDs listed by Amazon marketplace sellers for crazy money...I'm still tempted to go in and write "reviews" that mention the new remastered versions, to see what happens with the nutty $129 copies of the CDs.

And you'd think some people would do a little research?? Nooooooo... :D Over the holidays, I still sold four copies of the Christmas Album for, I kid you not, $50.00, $79.95, $125.50 and $129.00!! And don't think that selling one of my three copies didn't cross my mind! :D

Gonna be some big-time price deflation of these overpriced discs once the reissues start flying. :wink:

You guys seem to be forgetting something....... not everyone on this forum is lucky enough to live in the U.S, most of those eBay bidders probably live in another Country or even on another Continent for that matter. The CDs are only available in the U.S. - here in the U.K. we are looking at a 3 - 5 week order time - so maybe You should spare a thought for others who are not as lucky as You.

Great point. We often heglect to think of those consumers outside of our borders when discussing release/ship dates.

I feel your pain. I've been wanting the Jools Holland/Tom Jones cd, and it's much more difficult than just walking into the local record store.

lonely bull said:
You guys seem to be forgetting something....... not everyone on this forum is lucky enough to live in the U.S, most of those eBay bidders probably live in another Country or even on another Continent for that matter. The CDs are only available in the U.S. - here in the U.K. we are looking at a 3 - 5 week order time - so maybe You should spare a thought for others who are not as lucky as You.

spanky1 said:
Great point. We often heglect to think of those consumers outside of our borders when discussing release/ship dates.

I feel your pain. I've been wanting the Jools Holland/Tom Jones cd, and it's much more difficult than just walking into the local record store.

lonely bull said:
Thanks Spanky1 - actually I have done some research on eBay since my last post and all of the high bidders who won the new TJB CDs reside in the U.S!!!!!!! It's a Classic case of " Get Your facts right before You open Your mouth " - so to that I plead guilty!!!!!! But I'm sure You all know what I was driving at ( hopefully! ). Sorry Guys! As for the Jools Holland / Tom Jones CD - my wife has that CD - and it's driving me nuts!!!!!! She lost her sense of rhythm and body control years ago!!!!!!! ( poor old me!!!! ) Hope You find it soon anyway ( the CD, not rhythm or body control )

People who live outside the US can order from places like GEMM and not have to wait much time at all. But what are the customs costs for bringing a CD in from the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom