• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Universal Music Canada "20th Century Masters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I have received a message from Universal Music Canada from the webmaster. The letter said: in regards to your questions about Charity Brown and Keith Hampshire, we are currently working with Keith to produce a 20th Century Masters release of his classic material. At the present time we had not considered Charity Brown but we will add it to the list of potential additions to the series. As far as singer Holly McNarland is concerned, she is no longer a Universal artist, so there is no information that we have available as to her plans for a new album or the status of her website. Holly released "Sour Pie" (EP) back in 1996, "Stuff" in 1997, (the only ones that were available in the United States but both CD's are no longer made), 1999 "Live Stuff" (which has the studio remake of the 1981 Phil Collins song "In The Air Tonight")& in 2002, she released "Home Is Where My Feet Are" (which has the songs "Do You Get High?", "Watching Over You" & "Beautiful Blue" which should have been hits in the United States). In November of 2003, she released her live DVD "Live At The Great Hall: Toronto" available in Canada. The website of: www.hollymcnarland.ca is temporally down since the last 2 months. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Thanks for the info on Canadian Artists on the 20th Century Masters series. You did post that there was a compilation on Valdy as well as The Bells.

I do read CANOE (Canadian Online Express), online, where there is a wealth of info on Canadian artists frequently hear on the radio stations I listen to. So far, I haven't seen any of their albums, let alone 20th Centrury Masters' stuff here, so that would be a good incentive to cross the border, someday!

I can picture one of those compilations on Anne Murray, Gordon Lightfoot and Rita McNeil, if any of them are affiliated with Universal; I know Lightfoot isn't, but those three are pretty huge acts in Canada, as well as the states and the best known, compared to those you've mentioned.

Let's Hope!:cool:

Dave "Dub-Ya" -- Oak Park, MI :wink:

In Canada there's a 20th Century Masters collection by my favorite Vancouver band, PAYOLA$ as well. There's a band that deserved to hit it muych bigger than they did. At least Payola$ guitarist Bob Rock is "makng it" as one of rock's top producers... eh?

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom