Update from Shirley

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakeicer

Just found out last night that they have found and arrested the hit and run driver who caused my roommate Carolyn and her friend Kathy's deaths in December. He is a 34 year old man who lived in the Mendocino area. They have charged him with Vehicular Manslaughter, fleeing the scene, driving on a suspended license. They found his car hidden in our area, Oakland actually, 2 1/2 hours away from the accident location. It is impounded and the paint on it matched Carolyn's truck and camper and one other car involved in the crash. They have listed Carolyn's death as "Homicide" so I don't think this guy is going to get away with this with just probation or something less than a prison term. It won't bring Carolyn and Kathy back but it may keep this from happening to anyone else.

I'm so glad, Shirl!! I hope they throw the book at him. He was probably "on" something at the time, which no one will ever know now.

Marilyn

cakeicer said:
It won't bring Carolyn and Kathy back but it may keep this from happening to anyone else.

Now if they could just get all the other wackos off of the roads...

Now the real ordeal begins, going through the legal mess...there will probably be a trial, then an appeal...rehashing everything over and over...hopefully, he'll get the book thrown at him, and it'll stick.

This is some of the best news I've heard in a long time, though...I don't want to downplay that. I just hope it's an "open and shut case" that won't last long.

Dan

Here! Here!!

Carolyn was a really nice lady. I had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of years ago at Shirley's home. With a ready laugh and quick wit, she made you feel good just being around her. I'm priviledged to have known her. :cry:

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Thanks everyone, I am hoping Mendocino District Attorney will really press for the maximum on this one. Jon, especially thanks for your comments, Carolyn thought you were the nicest guy. And I'm glad you got to witness her wacky sense of humor too.

I'm sorry to hear about your tragic loss, but I.m quite relieved to hear that the hit &run driver was caught FINALLY. Some people out here shouldn't even have a drivers license. That man is A COWARD for hiding out for so long.He's going to be doing HARD TIME. Don't you worry Shirley my angel JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED. My thoughts & prayers are with you. :)

Shirley-I'm so glad they caught that guy. It saddened me so much to hear of your loss. Some people don't seem to understand the consequences that can be brought about by their carelessness. Hopefully justice will be served. Lesli

Thanks Jill and Lesli, I am hoping the judicial system will work in Carolyn and Kathy's favor and this guy has a lot of time to sit in prison and reflect on what he caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom