• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Wedding songs I can always count on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyv

2 nights ago, I was invited over to the wedding to sing for the couple at The Conrad Hotel, Bangkok. There I was fronting the stage with 4-piece saxophone, bass, piano & violin....crooning a lovely "we've only just begun" while the couple took a long walk on stage to cut the cake. After the cake cutting ceremony, I ended with another favorite "as time goes by". I couldn't believe my ears but there was a loud applause at the end of each song, the bride even phoned me after the party to say thanks. Thanks Richard & Karen, it wouldn't be a wedding without the Carpenters. :wink:

An ideal Carpenters project / release would have been :

Wedding Songs -16/18 track album :)

Released in 1980 with remastered sound , some alternative versions of Carpenters classics such as CTY , WOJB , FAWK and several new tracks -all promoted by A&M TV / media campaign , several selected TV appearances and video / short films marketing:cool:

The Wedding Song -shorter more radio / single friendly version and several other new tracks prior to the planned full new album would have highlighted Carpenters return after their enforced break and prepared fans for future releases :)

Always surprised that Richard , Carpenters associates & A&M Execs did not release either a themed collection as above or a singles compilation to make all aware of Carpenters return to active status :rolleyes:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom