• "LITTLE ALTAR BOY"

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
This week's "album-of-the-week" is: "An Old Fashioned Christmas", Side 1. Please vote for your favorite song from the first side of this album and tell us why you picked it. -Chris

*OVERTURE:
a) "Happy Holiday"
b) “The First Noel”
c) “March of the Toys”
d) “Little Jesus”
e) “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”
f) “Oh Little Town of Bethlehem”
g) “In Dulci Jubilo”
h) “Gesu Bambino”
i) "Angels We Have Heard On High"

**MEDLEY:
a) "Here Comes Santa Claus"
b) “Frosty the Snowman”
c) "Rudoph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
d) “Good King Wenceslas”
oldfashionedxmas.jpg
All images provided by http://www.grantguerrero.com/carpenters/carindex.html

"Oh Holy Night"- I have always loved Richard's rendition of this song!
("Home for the Holidays" is a nice song but not as great an intro as "Christmas Waltz.")

Karen's haunting performance on Little Altar Boy is flawless and a definite for my choice! I do enjoy her reading of "Home For The Holidays" though.

"Little Altar Boy" is my choice. Karen's performance is arguably one of her finest - a major "chill factor" song.

My second choice would be "Home For The Holidays".

Murray

Murray said:
"Little Altar Boy" is my choice. Karen's performance is arguably one of her finest - a major "chill factor" song.

AMEN

Murray said:

Ditto here,

Harry

I like LITTLE ALTAR BOY but prefer HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. THAT, is such a festive song and gets me in the Christmas holiday mood!

Cameron

shutupndance said:
Karen's haunting performance on Little Altar Boy is flawless and a definite for my choice! I do enjoy her reading of "Home For The Holidays" though.

The medley has always been a favorite of mine. However, I'm with Ryan on "Little Altar Boy" and Karen's reading of the song...beautiful. This is my favorite Carpenters Christmas album...we've just about played it out of commission (and do so every year!!) :wink:

Jon

This one is way easy, "Little Altar Boy" Just a perfect interpretation by Karen. I finally was able to get this single 45 w/ back side of "Do you hear what I hear?" It's sounds just excellent on the 45 version so bright and warm. This is such a religious song for me and I never tire of hearing Karen sing it. Karen's voice is like a warm blanket for me, so thankful we have as much Christmas music as we do by Karen.

N.P. German Christmas Portrait CD on my walkman, online...

"Little Altar Boy". It's incredible.

There is hardly a better showcase for Karen's amazing gift than that recording. It's perfect in every way and so beautiful. It's so Christmas sounding as well. You can just see the candlelight in the night when you hear it.

Have to go with the majority here and choose "Little Altar Boy" Its is one of the finest Xmas songs I have ever heard by the Carpenters. I agree Karen is simply angelic on this song a great vocal performance. :thumbsup: :love: :D

If LAB was excluded from side 1 ....would seriously consider one of Richard's best lead vocals AOFC ...the original composed title track or one of Richard's best instrumentals ..O Holy Night ...both standout tracks :D

However Little Altar Boy is one of the finest Karen lead vocals ....as Richard stated in UK interview in late 1983 when asked about any favourite unreleased tracks .....:cool:

Aside from LAB's haunting lead vocal , Richard's arrangement / production plus those soaring backing harmony vocals seal this track as one of Carpenters all time greats ....shame Karen was not alive to see this song finally released & the acclaim from reviewers & fans for this great treasure .... :angel:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom