• "FROM THE MOMENT ON"

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
This week's video of the week is "Interpretations". Please vote for your favorite Carpenters video from this release and tell us why you picked it. -Chris

*=Tracks included in the Japanese release.

interpretationsldt.jpg
All images provided by David Grant @ http://www.grantguerrero.com/carpenters/carindex.html

I voted for "From this Moment On".

I absolutely love this video and felt it should have been kept on the MMM tv special. It is the perfect way that I wish to remember this brother/sister duo, making perfect music and harmony side by side, the expressions of both Karen and Richard as they perform this is exceptional.

"From This Moment On". I love the track and it closes out the disc well. -Chris

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
It is the perfect way that I wish to remember this brother/sister duo, making perfect music and harmony side by side...

Very well said, Chris! I couldn't agree more.

Murray
...giving his vote to "From This Moment On"...

I voted for "Reason to believe". Karen looks tiny different but very beautiful and I love to see her playing drums, plus she looks like she's having fun. My second choice is "Bless the Beasts and the Children". That exceptional National Geographic footage match perfectly with the perfection of Karen's voice and Richard's exquisite taste on arranging this track. My third will be "From this moment on" for the same reasons that Chris well wrote.

Regards

Jorge

I chose REASON TO BELIEVE because it was the song on the collection that I least expected to ever see a video for. I also have a fondness for any visuals of Karen drumming....or drum-synching :wink: ....whatever the case may be....

Mark

Pardon the typo on the poll listing folks, it's "From THIS Moment On"...you knew that... :laugh:

"From This Moment On' gets my vote. There is something magical about seeing Karen & Richard in this setting...you can see how close they were and how proud they are of each other (well, that's my 'interpretaion' anyway!).

Chris May said:
Pardon the typo on the poll listing folks, it's "From THIS Moment On"...you knew that... :laugh:

LOL Chris, I didn't even notice that until you brought it up. LOL Your way forgiven, I look forward to these polls each week. :thumbsup:

Once again, I'm against the grain on this week's choice. I picked "Without A Song", simply for the reason that I loved the visualization of lots of "Carpenters" on the screen singing that beautiful a capella harmony:

withoutsong.jpg

Harry
...late to this week's vote, online...

I went with Close to you I love Karen playing drums and especially love her classic look in this video plus the song is a classic. :D

I chose RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS, not only because I love that song. But because Karen looks so beautiful in that yellow dress, that Cynthia Gibb wore on the CBS TV movie THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY. I also love that Karen is in the forefront of this song's visual presentation.

Cameron

Without A Song is my above and beyond fave. This is the closest visualization of overdubbing technique. I've always been FASCINATED by this style.

Chow,

Jeff

I have to agree with you, Harry, on Without a Song. The visualization technique is marvelous. But, I voted for From This Moment On. There is something so personal in this number, an intimacy that touches me every time I see it. I think it perfectly reflects the kind of great rapport the two of them had. It's the ideal ending for this video.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom