What is the chance of ever finding a sealed Offering LP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I have searched all over eBay and every other auction type website and have never found a sealed copy of Offering. What is the chance that I will ever find one :?:

Or how about the Magic Lamp Single :?:

NP: Horizon LP

For some reason, ever since I got the new box set, getting the Offering LP is not as important to me as it once was. Even though the Offering cover is a mini-style from the box set, it is replicated so well that I'm content with that. I finally got to see what the back of the Lp Cover looks like :wink:

I can only imagine what a sealed copy would go for, I just won't pay the price. Also your not guaranted that a sealed copy will sound any better than a non-sealed one. Especially if the plastic wrap is really tight for all these years.

They're both fairly rare items, though with the OFFERING LP, you stand a better chance since there were a lot more of them to begin with. Sealed copies are the rarest, understandably, as many collectors who finally obtain one might succumb to the urge to open it.

With the Magic Lamp single, where only hundreds might have been pressed, the pickings are slim. When they have shown up on eBay the last few times, prices soared toward and beyond the thousand dollar mark. Quite a price to pay for a chunk o' vinyl - especially when you can hear it just fine on a $40 copy of FROM THE TOP or ESSENTIAL COLLECTION.

Harry
...on a back-to-work Tuesday, online...

Record Collector in UK currently has Karen's Magic Lamp single priced at £1500, so 'as time goes by' it's slowly creeping towards the $2000 dollar mark I'd venture to say!

Stephen

I spent $200.oo for an open copy of OFFERING. It was something I had to have. Near mint condition and I have never played it. I just look at my investment and beam.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom