• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

When comes Burt Bacharach's Something Big to Holland ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Meuwese

Hi everone,
As a long member and a great fan of the A&M corner i have maybe
a strange question. My name is Tom Meuwese and i live in Holland.
Can someone tell me how its works at Hip-o-select because i have ordered
the Bacharach Something Big Set on 10th of november last year and i hear nothing from them.
Before i bought it they told me it was no problem to send it
to Holland.
I have payed it and got a answer mail from them but there is no
tracking number on it so i can see anything how this goes.
I have mailed Hip-o-select many times but i hear or see nothing.
Maybe does somebody knows how they work.
Thanks and greetings from Holland Tom Meuwese

Hi Tom,

I suggest you just keep on emailing them. Perhaps send them a copy of your confirmation email from them when you made the purchase (if you still have it).

It sounds like it was lost in the mail, and they might have to ship you another set.

I recently had an order lost in the mail from amazon UK to the US. It never showed up, and amazon has just sent a replacement.

Oh, and Tom, if you ordered it with a credit card and don't get any satisfaction from Hip-O, contact the credit card company. They may be able to help.

Harry
...hoping Hip-O comes through for you Tom, online...

You know, I thought I'd collected about everything Burt had done on A&M until an old friend mentioned the "Something Big" album...I'd never heard of it. Furthermore, in all the years I'd haunted used record stores, I'd never seen a copy, either. Weird. Shortly thereafter, I happened upon a somewhat battered used copy and bought it on the spot...WOW!!! I was blown away.

"Something Big" is a great song. The instrumentals are definitely a reflection of the time, however Burt's arrangement of "Walk The Way You Talk" is mind-blowing!!!

And so, I'm curious: was this one of those A&M albums that saw limited release? Does anyone know? Perhaps it was in print for a limited amount of time? A&M (or would it be the distributors?) seemed to have a habit of pulling albums from print after a short amount of time. Makes me wonder if "Something Big" was one of these?

Jon

...curious...

Harry,thanks for your responce.
I have send them more then once the copy of my confirming email
but i hear nothing.
I have payed it by creditcard but i think its to long ago to turn it back (10th nov 2004)
I hope they see my mailing here at the corner so they can let me know
what we can do about it. ([email protected])
Greetings Tom Meuwese Holland

brasil_nut said:
You know, I thought I'd collected about everything Burt had done on A&M until an old friend mentioned the "Something Big" album...I'd never heard of it. Furthermore, in all the years I'd haunted used record stores, I'd never seen a copy, either. Weird. Shortly thereafter, I happened upon a somewhat battered used copy and bought it on the spot...WOW!!! I was blown away.

"Something Big" is a great song. The instrumentals are definitely a reflection of the time, however Burt's arrangement of "Walk The Way You Talk" is mind-blowing!!!

That's one I've never heard of...but, this song is on the "Living Together" LP. Is that the one?

Living Together...uh...yup, that would be the one... :oops:

Blame it on the vicodin!!

Jon

...in a fog...

So Something Big must have been the foreign release title for Living Together???

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom