Which Song Will Benefit Most from the SACD Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringves

Hello, fellow C's fans.

Has anyone given any thought as to which song will benefit the most from the multi-channel capability of the SACD format?

Of the songs which appeared on the original "Singles 1969-1981", I am anticipating that "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song" will benefit the most from the new format.

Too bad "Calling Occupants" wasn't included as part of "Singles 1969-1981". That recording would sound spectacular in a 6-channel setting.

I agree with 'Love Song', but I would also have loved to hear 'Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night' in 6 channel format - one of the most difficult to mix down to a satisfactory stereo mix for Richard, which I think is why it was shelved in the first place and didn't make it to release until technology had advanced enough to make Richard want to re-attempt it.

Imagine it in surround sound!! I think it's one of their best and most sophisticated recordings.

Stephen

I think Only Yesterday would benifit from the multi-channel format especially at the end of the song when Karen and Richard trade off on the vocals it would be cool to have those trade offs all around the listener. Plus its such a huge power song it would sound great in multi-channel. Can't wait to hear the Carps in multi-channel. :love: :thumbsup: :D

I haven't heard it yet, but the quad mix of the "Oldies" medley would probably sound cool.

If any of the overdubs begin to radiate around the room thereby engulfing me in KC I'll be satisfied. My real hope is that this format will bring a clear aural experience extraordinnaire. I'm reluctant to hold my breath tho. From C's inception I've bought different stereo systems and copy after copy of lp, 8 track and cassette looking for the ultimate listening adventure. Different pressings from different countries. I've chased vinyl all around the globe. Then CD. The original release was great. Something to sing about. However I was looking to these discs to provide a concise breakdown of vocal layering. The originals did and didn't necessarily do this for me. Aha! The remastered classics at last. Upon acquisition of these issues I was certain that every nuance, oooh, aaaah, even my dreaded la la la lala would emanate with renewed vigor and technicolor sound. The rem classics did and didn't necessarily do this for me either. Aha! SACD 5.1 surround sound at last. Ever the devotee' off I trot to the home electronics store. Once home I find myself looking to theeez discs to fork over the golden egg.

Now back to the topic. Which song will benefit most this time around? Good question. I'll letcha know.

Jeff

I've always been a "Yesterday Once More" freak, so I think this might be somewhat cool.

Also "Calling Occupants..." I seem to love that song more and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom