• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Which songs bring you the most personal comfort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david

Hello-hope its okay to share some personal information within appropriate boundaries. Lots of stress in my life right now - wife diagnosed with cancer.
I am finding that Herbs songs such as 'More and More Amor" "And the Angels Sing" even "I Will Wait for You" soothe me when I need it most.
I am curious if any of the rest of you find any of his specific songs therapeutic during some tough times. They sure help me.

David

:cry:

So sorry to hear that Your wife is suffering from cancer - I truly hope that things go as well as they possibly can for the both of You.

Yeah - sure Herb's songs give me a huge lift when I am down or had a bad day at work - I think most of us would probably agree on that score. Right now I really love the tracks " Slick " " Monday Monday " and " Marjorine " as they are probably the nearest thing You can get to Jazz tracks - here in England Herb and the TJB are classed as easy listening - certainly not jazz! I am also playing the Christmas Album alot at the moment - " Jingle Bell Rock " is a real blast and I love " Let it snow " - it's so chilled out ( ha ha! ) I love all Herb's stuff - but these tracks really do it for me - give em a play and enjoy !

Dave

David, I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. Our hopes and prayers go out to you and your wife and family and hope all will work out. In the meantime, it's good to know that our favorite artist can still lift one's spirits in tough times. The Tijuana Brass had that power, and we're fortunate to be among those who remember and cherish it.

Harry

Hope that ANYTHING by the TjB can help you through these difficult times... May your wife be a Survivor of this disease...

Dave

That's the beautiful thing about the TJB...it's just that type of music. Vivid tone poems crafted by a master musician. For some reason, the albums that come to my mind are SOUNDS LIKE... BEAT OF THE BRASS, and HERB ALPERT'S NINTH is right in there, too; as some of the most colorful and light-hearted TJB fare. Lots of fun tunes, like THE CHARMER, TREASURE OF SAN MIGUEL, A BEAUTIFUL FRIEND, SHE TOUCHED ME...and it's almost impossible fro me to listen to WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS without a smile.

I can't begin to count the number of times this music has helped me through the hard times.

I hope and pray that everything will be all right for you, David...please keep us posted.

Dan

David, so sorry to hear your bad news. It's great that you can take comfort in the music.

Me, if I get stressed I tend to turn music off. I'm not sure why that is, but that's just me.

I hope things get better, and yes please keep us posted here.

STRESS???!!! :o

--Let the Music Play...!!!!! :love:

As far as what HERB ALPERT songs could give me comfort, that would be...:

The Sea Is My Soil

Sand Box

To Wait For Love

This Guy's In Love...

Love So Fine

Route 101

Summertime

Warm

My Favorite Things

--And I'm sure to think of more...

Dave

Your wife is in all our thoughts and prayers. The uplifting music of Herb and the TJB can be wonderfully therapeudic, and I'd especially recommend the SOUNDS LIKE album.

A hour spent viewing those great song clips and ancient ads on the "Hollywood Palace" video (Herb/ BMB/Liza/ Wes/ Boyce & Hart/ Burt/Brasil '66) would be best of all,

JB

Sorry-it has been awhile since I replied after starting this post - liver bx this morning - so 3 days for results to come back. (More waiting with nervous apprehension)
Thank you so much for your support and concern, what a wonderful forum!
My dear bride of almost 30 years has been listening to Herb as well during these days of stress - she loves "So What's New."

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom