World Premiere of ABBA's new track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I appreciate the effort, this collection of demo tracks is not exactly riveting, or even as "good" as "ABBA Undeleted" from the THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC box set. I'll still be buying the new Deluxe Edition of THE VISITORS, but it won't be necessarily for this track.

Harry

Ohhhh I want to click that link so bad Stephen however I want to be suprised when my Deluxe CD/DVD set comes in only a few weeks. I agree that getting this set was not just for the bonus unreleased track.

I have been more impressed with the sound quality of these deluxe CD/DVD combos that I have manged to collect 3 so far, I have Voulez-Vous, Super Trouper and The Album. Soon I will have my most favorite album from ABBA, The Visitors. I am missing some of the earlier ones but I don't know which exactly as I think they are already out of print. I wish I could have got them all, I much prefer the sound of these than the big blue (The Complete Studio Recording) those CD's are too loud, I'm keeping them only for the bonus materials, not happy with the mastering of those discs.

I understand that the new VISITORS DELUXE will contain an alternate mix of "Head Over Heels". My copy has shipped from the UK so it should be here soon.

Harry

Harry, I think among the fan forums the consensus is that it's not a different version, more the remastering and brightness of the track that makes it sound different.

The set does however contain a different mix of 'When All Is Said And Done' (alternate vocal drop ins by Frida) that you can find on the promo video for the song on disc 2, the DVD.

Harry, I think among the fan forums the consensus is that it's not a different version, more the remastering and brightness of the track that makes it sound different.

The set does however contain a different mix of 'When All Is Said And Done' (alternate vocal drop ins by Frida) that you can find on the promo video for the song on disc 2, the DVD.

I still haven't received the disc, but was going by this video. Apparently some hear the difference and some do not.

Harry

Carl Magnus Palm has confirmed it's simply a brighter remaster of the track, and you can't get more definitive than that source!

Carl's actually a member here - he was researching the Sandpipers for an addition to his website, which he claims will one day reappear. And if he confirms brighter mastering and not a different take, that's good enough for me.

I've listened to the above comparison and the CD (it arrived today), and I don't hear anything different either.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom