🎄 Holidays! XMAS CD: John Pizzarelli, "Let's Share Christmas"

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
A buddy of mine had turned me on to singer/guitarist John Pizzarelli due to some of his work with big bands. It didn't take long before I became "infected" with the sound, and I own quite a few of Pizzarelli's recordings. John is the son of jazz guitarist Bucky Pizzarelli, and if there's any one artist I'd liken Pizzarelli to, it would be one of the old-style crooners like Nat King Cole, singing in a relaxed, laid back style. In fact, the younger Pizzarelli has recorded two albums worth of songs that Nat King Cole had recorded many years ago. Two of Pizzarelli's favorite performance formats are the drumless piano/guitar/bass trio (like Cole's), or fronting a big band. Both of these styles are used to full advantage on Let's Share Christmas, and in this age of disposable holiday albums by the popular artist-of-the-day, this one's a keeper. John Pizzarelli's musical ideals are in a time warp, dating back to a time when arrangements were tasteful, songs had melodies, and the musicians playing them not only had talent, but genuine feeling behind their work. This is one of few holiday CDs in the past decade or more that I've consistently played often, and enjoy quite thoroughly!

-= N =-

> Purchase Let's Share Christmas from amazon.com <

...And don't forget his dad was a session man on many of the classic A&M/CTi sessions!

--Mr Bill

Back
Top Bottom