• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Yesterday Once More" - short version

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpentersToYou

Somehow you brought the gambler out in me...
When talking about the "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" edit I decided to look for it in my collection. Then, I found the SHORT VERSION of "Yesterday Once More". It is on the LP and Cassette release (ending side 1) of the "Now & Then" album. I like this short version. I doubt it'll ever surface on a CD release, so I had it transfered to CD. What do you all think of it?

Are you talking about the YOM "reprise" that ends the oldies medley? If not, I haven't got a clue what you mean.

(And if that IS what you are talking about, it HAS been released on CD -- it closes the NOW AND THEN album and it's on the box set, too.)

No, I don't mean the Reprise (the bookends).

It goes after "Heather" on the cassette and LP. It's about 2:55 in length.

Does anyone know it? I'm not crazy! :o I have it on LP, cassette, and copied onto a CD!

There is nothing like that on MY LP. I belive there was an edited filler track placed on the cassette, and perhaps the open-reel version, but I've not heard of it being on an LP.

Harry
..watching the rain try to wash away the earlier snow and freezing rain, online...

This reminds me of how the 8 track had a short version. I have a Now and Then 8-track but it doesn't have the short version or a longer part of the oldies melody. The artwork is blown up so you just see Karen and Richard. The car isn't even there. I found it interesting that the plastic shell is avacado which I have never seen before.

Andrew
...in a hurry ,online...

How strange!

Anyway, I like it. It's nicely edited. If you heard it for the first time you wouldn't guess it was edited!

There is indeed a short version of this song on the reel to reel, 8 track and cassette format of Now and Then!

I don't know why it wasn't included on the LP and CD versions?

hammer&nails said:
There is indeed a short version of this song on the reel to reel, 8 track and cassette format of Now and Then!

I don't know why it wasn't included on the LP and CD versions?

I know that the Now and Then 8 track is supposed to have the Yesterday Once More short version but mine doesn't. The only thing that it has is Yesterday Once More ending at the 1st program. It fades out and then fades in again at program 2. No short version. It does have the reprise though.

The other Now and Then 8 track that I have had the short version but I never got to here it because the tape tightened up and it wouldn't go around anymore. Then I lost it :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom