• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"YOU"... A glitch in the recording??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
I was listening to the "Hush" album again this past weekend, and I couldn't help but notice again that "creeking" noise that is quite audible (I forget where in the timecode) right after Karen sings "You are one of the few things worth remembering"...then the piano fill (first time through). It's right behind the piano, and almost sounds like someone walking on an old wooden floor. I have heard this on every format I've listened to the song in. Any thoughts on what this might be? Has Richard ever discussed this??? -Chris

Hi there.

I hear the creaking sound you're talking about -- it's probably an extraneous sound from the recording studio, like the pedal on the piano, Richard shifting on the piano bench, another musician moving, or something like that. It could even be a door, like on "Bless the Beasts and Children."

I've never seen anything printed about Richard making any comments about this particular glitch.
David

davidgra said:
It could even be a door, like on "Bless the Beasts and Children."
David

Has that actually been proven :?: To me it sounds like one of those rolling chair's wheel squeaking.

Yes, it was a door, according to Randy (who wrote the book in which the quote from Richard Carpenter mentions the closing door sound):

close2u said:
But, yes, it's a door creaking sound on "Bless the Beasts"!

(This quote taken from a message posted last year)

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom