Your Favorite Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

This is such a hard question, I'm going to need some time to think, so... name your favorite single song, One Song by One Artist ONLY- BE DEFINITIVE. We all have one deep down, so think hard :)

"Tijuana Taxi" by Herb Alpert & the TJB. While I love virtually all TJB songs, if I could only listen to one this would be it.

Bobby Goldsboro's "epic masterpiece", "Summer (The First Time)"...

At times, controversial..., at times, accused of being "too long" (though people said that about The Doors' "Light My Fire"--and on BOTH counts of the above!)...

But if I had to choose "one" (and I won't mention any 2nd, 3rd, etc.) THAT ONE would be it!!!!

Dave

"Theme From a Summer Place" by Percy Faith & Orchestra,

JB

Dave said:
Bobby Goldsboro's "epic masterpiece", "Summer (The First Time)"...

At times, controversial..., at times, accused of being "too long" (though people said that about The Doors' "Light My Fire"--and on BOTH counts of the above!)...

But if I had to choose "one" (and I won't mention any 2nd, 3rd, etc.) THAT ONE would be it!!!!

Dave

That's my favorite BG song as well! :)

Steven J. Gross said:
That's my favorite BG song as well!

Ha! And, yes, Bobby's Tenth Anniversary Album would sound pretty "unfinished" ending with it, if not for "Marlena" following it!

(Ooops, did I just mention my SECOND fav'????) :o :oops: :shh:

Dave

AM Matt said:
WHAT??? You mean Courtney Love & Hole "Malibu"??

Yessssssssssss, that was the song that CHANGED MY LIFE back in 1999 (and it had been released two years before, it took me long to listen to it, thanks to MTV not being tuned in my home until that year). By the way, I think Courtney Love is a contralto, right?? I'm learning this stuff in the singing classes, I'm a tenor and my two fellow girl students are a soprano and a contralto!

Up to this day there wasn't any other song that could rank with Malibu in my emotional life story and I don't think there could be, you are so sensitive when you're 17, things feel so much different!

FAVORITE SONG? WOW!!! That's like the ultimate life metaphysical question.

The best and favorite Sergio Mendes Brazil 66 song is/was: "Going Out of My Head". He's done lots and lots of wonderful stuff I love but...this one pushed da button.

If the Baja Marimba was a girl, I would have married her. My favorite and I think Julius took to the next level is "Georgie Girl". & "Gay Ranchero".

The best A&M Records song IMHO goes to HA & TJB "A Taste of Honey". That's when it all peaked. I get goose bumps when I hear the 'bump, bump, bump' then the snare drum triplets. OMG...That song would make any kid want to be a musician...Which of course they'd be broke like so many of us. :rolleyes:

Later amigos.....................................................Jay

I've thought about this question and just can't answer it. It'd be like asking me who my favorite relative is.

I don't think there is one song that I like to hear more than any others. I usually love to hear TJB music, but there are times I'm not in the mood to hear it. Some days I'm in a hard-rock mood, other days I'm in a mellow 70s mood, or a disco mood, or a Brasil '66 mood or a Brasil '77 mood. And I would have multiple highly-regarded songs in all those moods plus others.

Then there's the matter of time. I have favorite songs now that I didn't like when they were new, and other songs I used to love but now I can't understand why I ever liked them at all. So even if I was able to come up with an answer to this question, the answer would likely change within minutes or even seconds.

Just one? Are you crazy??? I agree with Mike. It'd be far easier to come up with a list of ten (or twenty or 100) that you'd want on a tape or mp3 player...

--Mr Bill

A good example for me: One of my all time favorite songs has been "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac. But now, that song gets beat to death on every station that plays 70s music. I hear it almost daily on the XM radio (and we switch around various channels). The Mac has so many other great tunes, but the same four or five get played ad nauseum. So now, GYOW has slipped into my "eh, I can take it or leave it" list. It's still a great song, but it's just not essential listening to me any more --- now, I need to be in the right mood to want to hear it.

My mom's favorite song is (it's a tie) Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" (from 1979) & the late Barry White "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" (from 1975)!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I'll play- sort of! :)
My favorite guilty pleasure "summer song"-
Rock the Boat by the Hues Corporation. Never tire of hearing it!

mstaft said:
"Rock the Boat" by the Hues Corporation. Never tire of hearing it!

Now THAT is the first "real Rock 'N' Roll song" that I've loved as a KID!!!! I even requested on a jukebox in a restaurant & the bus boy was nice enough to put the money in & play it for me, when I was probably just out for lunch w/ my dad!

I must have loved it from the time it came out & I think "Hues" was exactly spelled in my youthful mind the way it was pronounced! (Though I probably back then didn't know what it means, until years later that Hues Corporation took their name from "a play on words" of Howard Hughes...!) :laugh:

Should IT be "My Favorite Song", if we go in a time-warp to ALMOST-FORTY-YEARS-AGO???? :winkgrin:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom