• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A&M Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Vakil

I'm sure I read somewhere (almost certainly on the forum) that HA and JM were putting on an A&M exhibition this year but can't remember exactly where I read it. Can anyone confirm this?

If I dreamt this, forgive me as I'm getting on. I was told yestreday that I need my first pair of reading glasses :sad:

Stephen

Stephen Vakil said:
I'm sure I read somewhere (almost certainly on the forum) that HA and JM were putting on an A&M exhibition this year but can't remember exactly where I read it. Can anyone confirm this?

If I dreamt this, forgive me as I'm getting on. I was told yestreday that I need my first pair of reading glasses :sad:

Stephen
Well if it's true- it would be amazing. Let me know! (I started needing the reading glasses a couple of years ago too!) :wink:

Steven J. Gross said:
Well if it's true- it would be amazing. Let me know! (I started needing the reading glasses a couple of years ago too!) :wink:

It just occurred to me to use the search function on the forum and I can't find any refernce to it. I think I'm ready for the old folks home.

Still, it was a nice thought!

Stephen

Too far for me to travel, I'm afraid...I have too much going on to take any time off. If it were local for me I would gladly go and view this exhibit!

Well really hope Herb & Jerry have confirmed A&M related exhibition in time for potential next California visit -Mid March 2005 -taking in Richard Carpenter's TOTW benefit in Long Beach.... :D

Given that A&M studios is now history ...some form of A&M event ....perhaps if this is successfully launched & supported ...could be estabished in LA close to old A&M ...:cool:

Ideally items from throughout A&M Alpert & Moss key period plus more info on A&M artists , music & publishing houses would become available ... :o

Peter

I still would like to see someone from A&M (even Herb Alpert and/or Jerry Moss) put out a really good book about the history of the label, from 1962 up until they sold it to Polygram in 1989. It's one of the greatest independent label success stories ever, and since A&M had a lot of popular talent, I don't think it would be a hard sell!

Rudy said:
I still would like to see someone from A&M (even Herb Alpert and/or Jerry Moss) put out a really good book about the history of the label, from 1962 up until they sold it to Polygram in 1989. It's one of the greatest independent label success stories ever, and since A&M had a lot of popular talent, I don't think it would be a hard sell!

Wasn't there a book (staff only?) up to 1987? Wouldn't mind a copy of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom