• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Annual Festival In Honor Of Ms. Lani (Alpert) Hall - Nov.6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyRico

I am respectfully requesting that the site administrators here allow me to post a seperate thread for this topic, as I feel it should not be overlooked. If this is possible would you kindly delete the redundant info on the thread called Lani Hall Comment, etc. Thank you very much. I would be most pleased if anyone in the Alpert organization or Lani's would kindly inform them about this tribute for her, to be held in Mexico City beginning tomorrow.

Here is the information that Ms. Yazmin Salinas has so generously supplied me with, relating to an annual Lani Hall Festival they have been holding in Mexico City since the year 2000. This year's festival will be held beginning tomorrow Nov.6, 06. It is sponsored by the Albany Park Lani Hall Fan Club in Mexico City. Ms. Karenina Yanez is also involved, and I hope Ms. Yazmin can give us the names of all the great Lani fans who have made this wonderful event possible. Here is the schedule or program:

To be held at the headquarters of Lomas Albany Park, Lani Hall Fan Club
November 6-9 of 2006

November 6th: Special Lunch at the Diner there.
Choral Works From the Jose Vazquez Free School Of Music (14:00 hrs.)
Crystal and Wendy - Mexican Pop Duo (16:00 hrs.)
Puppet Show - titled "Lani's Castle" written by Paulina Estrada from Mexico (18:00 hrs)
Group: 4 Elements - Persian/Hindu/Arab/Mexican musical styles - at Garden (20:00 hrs)

November 7th:
"Sonia and Arthur" script by Luis Altamirano from Argentina. (12:00)
Poems for Ms.Lani Hall narrated and written by Ms. Erica Barrera (14:00)
"Lani In The Land Of Dreams" -Contemprary Dance from Peru/Japan (16:00)
Lilia Jimenez- Marimba Player from Mexico - (18:00)
Alan Garcia and Meliza Orozco - Harp and Flute Music -Chile -(20:00)

November 8th:

"Lani In Heart and Soul" -Modern Dance from Honduras -(12:00)
Theatre Piece: "The Banquet" from Chile - by Emilio Mascareno - (14:00)
Ricardo Valverde & Norma Gasca - Duet Piano and Vocals -Nicaragua (14:00)
Maribeth Lo - Solo Electric Guitarrist from USA -(18:00)
Theatre Piece: "Corazon Encadenado" ("Chained Hearts") -written by Kang Myun Bool -Korea/Mexico -(20:00)

November 9th:

Brasil Nativo: Contemporary Dance from Brazil -(12:00)
"Las Rayitas" Pop/Rock group led by Ms.Yazmin Salinas -(14:00)
"The Mermaids From Albany Park" -Modern Dance From Argentina -(16:00)
Alejandro Filio - "Trova" - Modern Singer from Mexico -(18:00)
Pia and Basilio - Pop Duo from Mexico -(20:00)
Closing Dinner - Dining Room (22:00)

This International Festival honours the great Ms. Lani Alpert Hall as she very well should. And we here at the A&M Corner thought we were the only Lani Hall "die-hard" fans!
P.S. I'd like to thank Boy Viramundo (Jim Finnigan) for "opening doors" of communication to the fans in Mexico, and Latin America. Respectfully... Bernie Medina

:love:

I want to thankyou PartyRico for mentioning me and for posting this information concerning the annual Lani Hall appreciation festival being held in Mexico. It's incredible what these people have been able to create and it verifies their great veneration for Lani. It is interesting to learn just how much of an impact Lani Hall has had in the world.

Thankyou again....

Free Spirit a.k.a. boy viramundo

This is what happened on the first day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The special lunch was wonderful! Spaghetti bolognese, shrimp cocktail and gelatine were served there. We also said some words honoring Lani.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, the choir from "Jose F. Vazquez" Free School of Music did a great job. The order of the songs was:

1. Si me amaras.
2. Ain't got nothing for me.
3. Double or nothing.
4. Minha.
5. Send in the clowns.
6. Viola fora de moda/Zanzibar.
7. We could be flying.
8. Sweet jams and jellies.
9. Te seguiré.
10. I'll fall in love again.

The choir had a piano accompainment, by María del Carmen Alcázar Bravo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later, Crystal and Wendy (a Mexican pop duet) appeared on stage. Crystal was wearing a black dress, and red gloves. Wendy's outfit was a black dress and pink gloves. The order of the songs was:

1. Save the sunlight.
2. I don't want you to go.
3. Para vivir así.
4. To know.
5. Ven a mis brazos,
6. Caminando hacia tí (a song dedicated to Lani).
7. Sí o no.
8. Waters of March.
9. Ramito de violetas.
10. Wish I would've stayed.
11. Siento algo por ti (another song dedicated to Lani).
12. Tiny dancer,
13. Early mornin' strangers.
14. That's when miracles occur.
15. Jimmy Mack.

Then, the puppet show "Lani's castle" was very funny. The story was about a girl who was given an old toy castle as a birthday gift. Then, the girl fell asleep and dreamed about Lani being the queen of the castle. What a great work from Paulina Estrada!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the Hindu/Persian/Arabic music group 4 Elements performed some of Lani's Brazilian songs, with Middle Eastern and Hindu instruments, and an Arabic female singer. This is an example of how Lani's music goes well with exotic music styles. The order of the songs was:

1. Tres curumins.
2. Abre alas.
3. Amor de indio.
4. Para-raio.
5. Mais que nada.
6. O samba da minha terra.
7. Era uma vez um caso.
8. Brasil nativo.

Well, I'll continue with the second day!

This is what happened on the second day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The theater piece "Sonia and Arthur" was well done!!! The story is about a Lani Hall's fan (Sonia) and her husband, who is a Herb Alpert's fan (Arthur). They were having a very happy life, until part of their memorabilia was stolen, and they have to retrieve it.

Then, there were some poems dedicated to Lani, which were narrated by Erica Barrera (a Mexican writer). These poems were about Lani's career, life, songs... and they're beautiful!!!

After Erica left the stage, the contemporary dance piece "Lani in the land of dreams" began. Many of the songs used there were arrangements from the albums "Sundown Lady" and "Blush". The leitmotiv of this piece is Lani dreaming about the contents of many of her songs.

The contemporary dance performance finished, and later, Lilia Jiménez and her marimba appeared on stage. Lilia played the marimba with 6 sticks, but she used 7 or even 8 in some songs. The order of the songs was:

1. De repente el amor.
2. Peace in the valley.
3. Dolphin's lullaby.
4. Come what may.
5. Only you.
6. Eu e a brisa.
7. Magic garden.
8. ¿Qué te propones?
9. Sí o no.
10. Ocean song.

Finally, Alan Garcia and Meliza Orozco did an excellent job when they played Lani's songs on the harp and flute. The style sounded very Chilean. The order of the songs was:

1. Mais que nada.
2. Too many mornings.
3. Clareana.
4. Rio.
5. Sunshine after the rain.
6. You.
7. Banquet.
8. I don't want you to go.
9. No strings.

Well, I'll continue with the third day!

This is to Yasmin. I am a fan the great Lani Hall too.However, I don't understand why your websites are in Spanish.I can't read Spanish, I don't understand Spanish and not all of Lani's fan are Spanish speaking. You should at least have 1 website in English. Come on, expand your horizons.....

Cortnee said:
This is to Yasmin. I am a fan the great Lani Hall too.However, I don't understand why your websites are in Spanish.I can't read Spanish, I don't understand Spanish and not all of Lani's fan are Spanish speaking. You should at least have 1 website in English. Come on, expand your horizons.....

Ooops! I haven't updated my profile! Well, there are two forums dedicated to Lani, in English:

http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/sweetbird.html

http://xsorbit30.com/users5/lanihallsparadise

I don't understand why your websites are in Spanish.I can't read Spanish,
Well gee whiz, Cortnee, Yazmin IS from Mexico where Spanish is the predominant language. Why don't YOU learn Spanish? Come on, expand your horizons! :D

This is what happened on the third day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

"Lani, in heart and soul" was a modern dance show whose main theme was Lani's career in Brasil 66 and as a solo artist. It was extraordinary, although one of the dancers hurt his left ankle!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the Chilean theater piece "The banquet" was wonderful!!! The story was about some Lani's fans planning a big banquet for her birthday, despite the problems they faced.

Minutes later, Ricardo Valverde sat at the piano, and Norma Gasca haunted everyone with her voice. Some of the songs were performed almost exactly like the original ones, some of them were "modified". The order of the songs was:

1. La noche es mía.
2. Where's your angel?
3. Casa forte.
4. Corrida de jangada.
5. Love song.
6. Sé.
7. Dime si ella (song dedicated to Lani).
8. Dama dama.
9. Send in the clowns.
10. Sailing without a sail.
11. So long.
12. How can I tell you?
13. I'll fall in love again.
14. Llámame (another song dedicated to Lani).

Then, American guitarist Meribeth Lo demonstrated that Lani's songs can have blues or rock influences, and different guitar effects. The order of the songs was (with the respective effects):

1. Come what may (clean channel, volume change).
2. Take the money (lead channel, octaver).
3. Smile (clean channel, wah).
4. Adiós tristeza (lead channel, phaser).
5. Para vivir así (lead channel, flanger).
6. Eu e a brisa (clean channel, chorus).
7. Fantasma (lead channel, rotary speaker).
8. Rio (clean channel, short delay).
9. I don't want you to go (lead channel, long delay).
10. Wish I would've stayed (blues overdrive).

Finally, a theater piece from Korea was presented, and I liked it too much. The name of the piece is "Chained heart" (the original title is "Corazón encadenado"). The story is about Yuna Kim and Sungki Yeoh, a Korean couple that has a lot of problems related with their marriage, but they try to solve them. What I liked about this piece, is that the actors wore "hanboks", the traditional Korean costume.

Well, I'll continue with the last day!

Mr Bill is here in Mexico at this very moment enjoying a vacation with Mrs Bill... Is this festival anywhere near Cabo San Lucas???

--Mr B
pass me another margarita, please...

Mr Bill said:
Mr Bill is here in Mexico at this very moment enjoying a vacation with Mrs Bill... Is this festival anywhere near Cabo San Lucas???

--Mr B
pass me another margarita, please...

No way! The festival is about 1,700 kilometers away from Cabo San Lucas...

This is what happened on the fourth (and last) day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The contemporary dance show "Brasil Nativo" was beautiful! The leitmotiv of this show was a tribute to the songs from this album.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, my band (Las Rayitas) was on stage. We were probably the most acclaimed part of the festival. During the sound check, my friend Karénina sang "Wheelers and dealers" and "Páginas prohibidas". The order of the songs was:

1. To know.
3. Wheelers and dealers.
4. Si te vas o te quedas.
5. Here comes another heatache.
6. Bad love.
7. Sé.
8. Adiós tristeza.
9. You.
10. Nobody gets this close to me.
11. Come down in time.
12. Para vivir así.
13. Sweet jams and jellies.
14. Fantasma.
15. Too many mornings.
16. The moon is all alone (like me).
17. Never say never again.
18. Where's your angel?
19. Es fácil amar.
20. Send in the clowns.
21. Eu e a brisa.
22. Abre alas.

We finished with some songs dedicated to Lani:

23. Signos,
24. Si tú no vuelves.
25. Tu voz me apasiona.
26. If you asked me to be with you.

After Las Rayitas had left the stage, the Argentinian modern dance show "The mermaids from Albany Park" was there. The leitmotiv was the sea bottom, where 7 mermaids lived. These mermaids were originally human beings who were born in Albany Park, but they were bewitched and turned into mermaids. The music was mainly from Lani's first three albums.

Then, Alejandro Filio (a Mexican singer) appeared on stage. He also played his Ovation guitar throughout the show. His repertoire had some of Lani's Latin songs. The order of the songs was:

1. Ven a mis brazos.
2. Tú, solamente tú.
3. Páginas prohibidas.
4. Amor sin mañana.
5. Sí o no.
6. Así es la vida.
7. Te seguiré.
8. Te quiero así (with Esmeralda Cantú).
9. Tan sólo para ti (song dedicated to Lani).

Then the Mexican pop duet Pia and Basilio was there. Pia is only 12 years old, but her boyfriend, Basilio, is 30. The order of the songs was:

1. Corazón encadenado.
2. De repente el amor.
3. Love song.
4. Early mornin' strangers.
5. Meni devol.
6. Sun down.
7. O samba da minha terra.
8. Lo que siento hoy por ti.
9. Un amor así.
10. Te quiero así.
11. That's when miracles occur.
12. Brasil nativo.
13. Ain't got nothing for me.
14. How can I tell you?
15. No strings.
16. In the dark.

Finally, we had the closing banquet. We thanked the organizers for everything, and all the artists who made this festival possible. All in all, the festival was wonderful!

This is what happened on the first day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The special lunch was wonderful! Spaghetti bolognese, shrimp cocktail and gelatine were served there. We also said some words honoring Lani.

Then, the choir from "Jose F. Vazquez" Free School of Music did a great job. The order of the songs was:

1. Si me amaras.
2. Ain't got nothing for me.
3. Double or nothing.
4. Minha.
5. Send in the clowns.
6. Viola fora de moda/Zanzibar.
7. We could be flying.
8. Sweet jams and jellies.
9. Te seguiré.
10. I'll fall in love again.

The choir had a piano accompainment, by María del Carmen Alcázar Bravo.

15 minutes later, Crystal and Wendy (a Mexican pop duet) appeared on stage. Crystal was wearing a black dress, and red gloves. Wendy's outfit was a black dress and pink gloves. The order of the songs was:

1. Save the sunlight.
3. Para vivir así.
4. To know.
5. Ven a mis brazos,
6. Caminando hacia tí (a song dedicated to Lani).
7. Sí o no.
8. Waters of March.
9. Ramito de violetas.
10. Wish I would've stayed.
11. Siento algo por ti (another song dedicated to Lani).
12. Tiny dancer,
13. Early mornin' strangers.
14. That's when miracles occur.
15. Jimmy Mack.

Then, the puppet show "Lani's castle" was very funny. The story was about a girl who was given an old toy castle as a birthday gift. Then, the girl fell asleep and dreamed about Lani being the queen of the castle. What a great work from Paulina Estrada!

Finally, the Hindu/Persian/Arabic music group 4 Elements performed some of Lani's Brazilian songs, with Middle Eastern and Hindu instruments, and an Arabic female singer. This is an example of how Lani's music goes well with exotic music styles. The order of the songs was:

1. Tres curumins.
2. Abre alas.
3. Amor de indio.
4. Para-raio.
5. Mais que nada.
6. O samba da minha terra.
7. Era uma vez um caso.
8. Brasil nativo.

Well, I'll continue with the second day!

Visit Lani Hall's forums:

This is what happened on the second day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The theater piece "Sonia and Arthur" was well done!!! The story is about a Lani Hall's fan (Sonia) and her husband, who is a Herb Alpert's fan (Arthur). They were having a very happy life, until part of their memorabilia was stolen, and they have to retrieve it.

Then, there were some poems dedicated to Lani, which were narrated by Erica Barrera (a Mexican writer). These poems were about Lani's career, life, songs... and they're beautiful!!!

After Erica left the stage, the contemporary dance piece "Lani in the land of dreams" began. Many of the songs used there were arrangements from the albums "Sundown Lady" and "Blush". The leitmotiv of this piece is Lani dreaming about the contents of many of her songs.

The contemporary dance performance finished, and later, Lilia Jiménez and her marimba appeared on stage. Lilia played the marimba with 6 sticks, but she used 7 or even 8 in some songs. The order of the songs was:

1. De repente el amor.
2. Peace in the valley.
3. Dolphin's lullaby.
4. Come what may.
5. Only you.
6. Eu e a brisa.
7. Magic garden.
8. ¿Qué te propones?
9. Sí o no.
10. Ocean song.

Finally, Alan Garcia and Meliza Orozco did an excellent job when they played Lani's songs on the harp and flute. The style sounded very Chilean. The order of the songs was:

1. Mais que nada.
2. Too many mornings.
3. Clareana.
4. Rio.
5. Sunshine after the rain.
6. You.
7. Banquet.
8. I don't want you to go.
9. No strings.

Well, I'll continue with the third day!

This is what happened on the third day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

"Lani, in heart and soul" was a modern dance show whose main theme was Lani's career in Brasil 66 and as a solo artist. It was extraordinary, although one of the dancers hurt his left ankle!

Then the Chilean theater piece "The banquet" was wonderful!!! The story was about some Lani's fans planning a big banquet for her birthday, despite the problems they faced.

Minutes later, Ricardo Valverde sat at the piano, and Norma Gasca haunted everyone with her voice. Some of the songs were performed almost exactly like the original ones, some of them were "modified". The order of the songs was:

1. La noche es mía.
2. Where's your angel?
3. Casa forte.
4. Corrida de jangada.
5. Love song.
6. Sé.
7. Dime si ella (song dedicated to Lani).
8. Dama dama.
9. Send in the clowns.
10. Sailing without a sail.
11. So long.
12. How can I tell you?
13. I'll fall in love again.
14. Llámame (another song dedicated to Lani).

Then, American guitarist Meribeth Lo demonstrated that Lani's songs can have blues or rock influences, and different guitar effects. The order of the songs was (with the respective effects):

1. Come what may (clean channel, volume change).
2. Take the money (lead channel, octaver).
3. Smile (clean channel, wah).
4. Adiós tristeza (lead channel, phaser).
5. Para vivir así (lead channel, flanger).
6. Eu e a brisa (clean channel, chorus).
7. Fantasma (lead channel, rotary speaker).
8. Rio (clean channel, short delay).
9. I don't want you to go (lead channel, long delay).
10. Wish I would've stayed (blues overdrive).

Finally, a theater piece from Korea was presented, and I liked it too much. The name of the piece is "Chained heart" (the original title is "Corazón encadenado"). The story is about Yuna Kim and Sungki Yeoh, a Korean couple that has a lot of problems related with their marriage, but they try to solve them. What I liked about this piece, is that the actors wore "hanboks", the traditional Korean costume.

Well, I'll continue with the last day!

This is what happened on the fourth (and last) day of Lani Festival (which was yesterday):

The contemporary dance show "Brasil Nativo" was beautiful! The leitmotiv of this show was a tribute to the songs from this album.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, my band (Las Rayitas) was on stage. We were probably the most acclaimed part of the festival. During the sound check, my friend Karénina sang "Wheelers and dealers" and "Páginas prohibidas". The order of the songs was:

1. To know.
3. Wheelers and dealers.
4. Si te vas o te quedas.
5. Here comes another heatache.
6. Bad love.
7. Sé.
8. Adiós tristeza.
9. You.
10. Nobody gets this close to me.
11. Come down in time.
12. Para vivir así.
13. Sweet jams and jellies.
14. Fantasma.
15. Too many mornings.
16. The moon is all alone (like me).
17. Never say never again.
18. Where's your angel?
19. Es fácil amar.
20. Send in the clowns.
21. Eu e a brisa.
22. Abre alas.

We finished with some songs dedicated to Lani:

23. Signos,
24. Si tú no vuelves.
25. Tu voz me apasiona.
26. If you asked me to be with you.

After Las Rayitas had left the stage, the Argentinian modern dance show "The mermaids from Albany Park" was there. The leitmotiv was the sea bottom, where 7 mermaids lived. These mermaids were originally human beings who were born in Albany Park, but they were bewitched and turned into mermaids. The music was mainly from Lani's first three albums.

Then, Alejandro Filio (a Mexican singer) appeared on stage. He also played his Ovation guitar throughout the show. His repertoire had some of Lani's Latin songs. The order of the songs was:

1. Ven a mis brazos.
2. Tú, solamente tú.
3. Páginas prohibidas.
4. Amor sin mañana.
5. Sí o no.
6. Así es la vida.
7. Te seguiré.
8. Te quiero así (with Esmeralda Cantú).
9. Tan sólo para ti (song dedicated to Lani).

Then the Mexican pop duet Pia and Basilio was there. Pia is only 12 years old, but her boyfriend, Basilio, is 30. The order of the songs was:

1. Corazón encadenado.
2. De repente el amor.
3. Love song.
4. Early mornin' strangers.
5. Meni devol.
6. Sun down.
7. O samba da minha terra.
8. Lo que siento hoy por ti.
9. Un amor así.
10. Te quiero así.
11. That's when miracles occur.
12. Brasil nativo.
13. Ain't got nothing for me.
14. How can I tell you?
15. No strings.
16. In the dark.

Finally, we had the closing banquet. We thanked the organizers for everything, and all the artists who made this festival possible. All in all, the festival was wonderful!

Yazmin, Thank You Very Much for a Very Thprough and Detailed Report on the Lani Hall Festival...! :agree: You are definitely The Next-Best-Thing to Being There...! :love: --Now if only Lani could be, too! :tongue:

Dave

Dave said:
Yazmin, Thank You Very Much for a Very Thprough and Detailed Report on the Lani Hall Festival...! :agree: You are definitely The Next-Best-Thing to Being There...! :love: --Now if only Lani could be, too! :tongue:

Dave

Oh, Dave, you're welcome! If Lani knew about this festival, she would be extremely delighted! :)

Mike Blakesley said:
I don't understand why your websites are in Spanish.I can't read Spanish,
Well gee whiz, Cortnee, Yazmin IS from Mexico where Spanish is the predominant language. Why don't YOU learn Spanish? Come on, expand your horizons! :D

Well. gee whiz Mike B. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Spanish is the main language in Mexico. I'm not from Mexico, I'm from the U.S.A.! I AM BLESSED TO BE AN AMERICAN. Yazmin's websites are beneficial to Lani's Spanish speaking fans ( which is all fine and dandy) but they serve no purpose for the other fans. Lani Hall herself doesn't even speak fluent spanish, she only sings in Spanish sometimes.
I did take some Spanish as a teenager. The main 2 languages that I'm focusing on learning is Portuguese and SIGN language.So Mike B. I'm expanding my horizon's. Why don't you do the same?:cool:

Ms. Yazmin Salinas recently forwarded the following information about yet another Festival In Honor of Ms Lani Hall Alpert. This one is held in the Mexican city of Guadalajara and is organized by the head of the “Double Or Nothing” fan club there, a Mr. Jesus Montenegro. Guadalajara is located some 530 kms. from Mexico City. This tribute Festival in Guadalajara has been taking place since 1984, with only two interruptions or no-shows due to the untimely passing of one of the head organizers of that festival in 1995. Another non-event ocurred in the year 2003, due to insufficient funds available to cover the expenses or costs. The festival is usually held in different locations of the city of Guadalajara, and this year shall be held in the Convention Halls of the Malibu Hotel there.

Here is the Scheduled Program kindly supplied to me by Ms. Yazmin Salinas:
1- Salon Diamante – ( Diamond Hall) – Hotel Malibu, Guadalajara, Mx. Nov.27,06 9PM
“The Five Stars” – A Capella Group from the US

2- Tuesday Nov. 28, 06 12pm
Piano Students from the School Of Music and Dance Of Guadalajara

3- Tuesday Nov. 28, and Thursday Nov. 30th 06 at 2pm
Mario Olguin – Solo bassist from Mexico

3- Wed. 29th of Nov, and Thurs. 30th of Nov. 06, at 5pm, plus Friday Dec. 1st, and Sat. 2nd of Dec. at 8pm
“Mystica” (“Mystic”) – a Pop/Rock Female Musical Group

4- Wed. 29th. of Nov. 06 at 6pm
“Nueva Vox” (New Vox or New Voices) – Contemporary “Trova” music –Mexico

5- Wed. 29th of Nov.06 at 7pm
“Sundown Blues Band” –Bolivia

6- Thurs. 30th of Nov. 06
Sergio Soria Vibrophone Player (Vibes) – Mexico

Salon Los Pinos ( Pines Salon) Malibu Hotel, Guadalajara Mx.

1- Thurs. 30th of Nov. 06 – 9pm
Jose Manuel Ostorga and Enrique Ramos – Violin Duets

2- Thurs. 30th of Nov. 06 – 8pm, and Fri. 1st. of Dec. 06
Students from “La Paz” College

3- Fri. 1st. of Dec. 06 – 12pm
Andean Music Group (Andes Folk Music) from the University of Monterrey, Mx

4- Fri. 1st.of Dec. 06 – 1pm, and 8pm
Sergio Soria and Maria de Jesus Miranda – Vibrophone (Vibes)

5- Sat. 2nd. Of Dec. 06 - 9pm
“The Willows” –Guitar Cuartet – Ireland

6- Sund. Dec. 3rd. – 8pm
Enrique Aroeste – Electronic Music

7- Mond. Dec. 4th. -12pm
Carlos Delgado – Trumpet

Salon Los Alamos – Los Alamos Hall

1- Mond. Dec. 4th – 8pm
Mexican Jazz Mafia

2- Tuesd. 28th Nov.06, Wed. 29th.06, and Thursd 30th of Nov. 06 – 8pm
Kasuyoshi Matsumoto – Traditional Japanese Music

3- Tuesd. 28th of Nov. 06 – 12pm
“Triplets” –Female Pop/Rock Group - Mexico

Ms. Liliana Maritza Espinosa Lopez from Santiago , Chile informs me of yet another Lani Hall Tribute Festival. She says that in Chile they hold this festival during the month of Janury, ever since the year 1990. A variety of artists pay tribute to Ms. Lani Hall in their own unique creative ways. They also present a segment where Lani Hall imitators are given the spotlight and a chance to win a contest. Ms. Liliana has been attending since 2002 and says it is a wonderful and fun event.
I believe many here will be as surprised as I was to learn of these heart- felt tributes held in honor of Ms. Lani Hall (Mrs. Alpert).

Here's the definitive program of the Lani Hall Festival (which starts today) at Malibu Hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico:

NOVEMBER 27th

-9:00 a.m: The Five Stars ("a cappella" music, United States). Diamante Hall.
-5:00 p.m: Karaoke contest. Diamante Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Sundown Ladies (pop music, Mexico). Los Pinos Hall.

NOVEMBER 28th

-12:00 p.m: Piano Students from the School Of Music and Dance Of Guadalajara. Diamante Hall.
-12:00 p.m: Triplets (female pop-rock band, Mexico). Los Alamos Hall.
-2:00 p.m: Mario Olguin (solo bassist, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Kasuyoshi Matsumoto (traditional Japanese music). Los Alamos Hall.

NOVEMBER 29th

-5:00 p.m: Mystica (female rock/pop band, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-6:00 p.m: Nueva Vox (contemporary "trova" music, Mexico). Diamante Hall
-7:00 p.m: Sundown Blues Band (Bolivia). Diamante Hall.

NOVEMBER 30th

-2:00 p.m: Mario Olguin (solo bassist, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-5:00 p.m: Mystica (female rock/pop band, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-7:00 p.m: Sergio Soria (vibraphone player, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-9:00 p.m: José Manuel Astorga and Enrique Ramos (Mexican violinists). Los Pinos Hall.

DECEMBER 1st

-12:00 p.m: Andean folk music group from Monterrey University (Mexico). Los Pinos Hall.
-1:00 p.m: Sergio Soria and María de Jesús Miranda (vibraphone players, Mexico). Los Pinos Hall.
-7:00 p.m: Students from La Paz school (México). Los Pinos Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Mystica (female rock/pop band, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Sergio Soria and María de Jesús Miranda (vibraphone players, Mexico). Los Pinos Hall.

DECEMBER 2nd

-5:30 p.m: Karaoke contest. Diamante Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Mystica (female rock/pop band, Mexico). Diamante Hall.
-9:00 p.m: The Willows (guitars quartet, Ireland). Los Pinos Hall.

DECEMBER 3rd

-5:30 p.m: Karaoke contest. Diamante Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Enrique Aroeste (electronic music, México). Los Pinos Hall.
-10:00 p.m: Duet challenge. Los Alamos Hall.

DECEMBER 4th

-12:00 p.m: Carlos Delgado (trumpeter, México). Los Pinos Hall.
-3:00 p.m: Duet challenge. Los Alamos Hall.
-8:00 p.m: Mexican Jazz Mafia. Los Alamos Hall.

Yazmin_Salinas said:
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Pinos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Los Pinos Hall.

Not to be funny, but it almost sounds like there should be a venue down there called "Lani Hall"!

Harry

Harry said:
Yazmin_Salinas said:
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Pinos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Diamante Hall.
Los Alamos Hall.
Los Pinos Hall.

Not to be funny, but it almost sounds like there should be a venue down there called "Lani Hall"!

Harry

In Monterrey (Mexico), there's a concert hall called "La-La-La-Ni-Ni-Ni".

This is what happened on the first day of Lani festival in Guadalajara (which was yesterday):

The a cappella music group The Five Stars (from the United States) opened the festival, and had a great performance! They used medieval and modern polyphonic techniques (organum, discantus, cantus firmus, in threes, in fours...) on all songs. The order of the songs was:

1. Misty blue.
2. Double or nothing.
3. Rio.
4. Velho piano.
5. Nobody gets this close to me.
6. Waters of March.
7. Sun down.
8. Ocean song.
9. In the dark.
10. Exclusively for me.
11. Brasil 66 medley.

Then, the karaoke contest held at Diamante Hall was very funny! The winners of the contest were:

SOLO SINGERS:

-1st place: Noé Guadarrama (with the song "Te seguiré").
-2nd place: Margarita Contreras (with the song "Come down in time").
-3rd place: Alex Herrera (with the song "Tú, solamente tú").

DUETS:

-1st place: Jaime Orozco and Julieta Lee (with the song "Lo que siento hoy por ti").
-2nd place: Marco Antonio Trinidad and Araceli Nava (with the song "Te quiero así").
-3rd place: Wong Yang and Erika Cortés (with the song "Corazón encadenado").

Finally, at Los Pinos Hall, the female pop band Sundown Ladies did a great show! The order of the songs was:

1. Happy woman.
2. Only you.
3. Meni devol.
4. Wish I would've stayed.
5. Brasil nativo.
6. Para vivir así.
7. Lamento.
8. Minha.
9. Sí o no.
10. Eu e a brisa.
11. Jimmy Mack.
12. Banquet.
13. Tiny dancer.
14. Where's your angel?
15. Vincent.
16. So long.
17. Save the sunlight.

I'll continue with the second day!

This is what happened on the first day of Lani festival in Guadalajara (which was yesterday):

The a cappella music group The Five Stars (from the United States) opened the festival, and had a great performance! They used medieval and modern polyphonic techniques (organum, discantus, cantus firmus, in threes, in fours...) on all songs. The order of the songs was:

1. Misty blue.
2. Double or nothing.
3. Rio.
4. Velho piano.
6. Waters of March.
7. Sun down.
8. Ocean song.
9. In the dark.
10. Exclusively for me.
11. Brasil 66 medley.

Then, the karaoke contest held at Diamante Hall was very funny! The winners of the contest were:

SOLO SINGERS:

DUETS:

-1st place: Jaime Orozco and Julieta Lee (with the song "Lo que siento hoy por ti").
-2nd place: Marco Antonio Trinidad and Araceli Nava (with the song "Te quiero así").

Finally, at Los Pinos Hall, the female pop band Sundown Ladies did a great show! The order of the songs was:

1. Happy woman.
2. Only you.
3. Meni devol.
5. Brasil nativo.
6. Para vivir así.
7. Lamento.
8. Minha.
9. Sí o no.
10. Eu e a brisa.
11. Jimmy Mack.
12. Banquet.
13. Tiny dancer.
14. Where's your angel?
15. Vincent.
16. So long.
17. Save the sunlight.

Hey, uh... Before you do, Yazmin, how 'bout making a Seperate Thread with the Actual Dates that this new Lani Festival is taking place... D'ya think you can transfer some of your Info and Summaries to "another discussion topic"...?? I just don't want anyone to think we're not--well, you know... --"Up-To-Date"... :neutral:inkshield:

The way these Lani Festívals keep takin' place, you'd think you were in "Lani Land"...!!!! :nut:

Dave

Dave said:

1. Misty blue.
2. Double or nothing.
3. Rio.
4. Velho piano.
6. Waters of March.
7. Sun down.
8. Ocean song.
9. In the dark.
10. Exclusively for me.
11. Brasil 66 medley.

SOLO SINGERS:

DUETS:

1. Happy woman.
2. Only you.
3. Meni devol.
5. Brasil nativo.
6. Para vivir así.
7. Lamento.
8. Minha.
9. Sí o no.
10. Eu e a brisa.
11. Jimmy Mack.
12. Banquet.
13. Tiny dancer.
14. Where's your angel?
15. Vincent.
16. So long.
17. Save the sunlight.

Hey, uh... Before you do, Yazmin, how 'bout making a Seperate Thread with the Actual Dates that this new Lani Festival is taking place... D'ya think you can transfer some of your Info and Summaries to "another discussion topic"...?? I just don't want anyone to think we're not--well, you know... --"Up-To-Date"... :neutral:inkshield:

The way these Lani Festívals keep takin' place, you'd think you were in "Lani Land"...!!!! :nut:

Dave

Ouch! I'm sorry for not posting this on the right thread!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom