Anorexia Nervosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Today, the FAZ, one of Germany's biggest and best newspapers from Frankfurt, delivered an article about anorectic women in Hollywood. After naming current stars such as Keira Knightley, Nicole Richie or Mary-Kate Olsen, the article goes into history by naming Elizabeth Taylor and then, to my surprise, Karen Carpenter. I have read several articles about anorexia since Karen's death, but she was never mentioned before.

The reporter writes, that Karen had a breakdown during a show in Las Vegas just at the time when she was singing TOP OF THE WORLD. At this moment, she had a weight of 35 kg.

The online version of this article even features a black and white picture of Karen with Richard, but from the period before she developed anorexia. The newspaper's archive probably didn't have any pictures from her anorectic period.

The article can be found:

http://www.faz.net/

At the bottom on the right, you can find a field with the word "Suche" (search). Just write "Karen Carpenter", and you will be lead to the article.

Bruno

"I should have been more forceful..."

--Tom Hensley, keyboardist on Carpenters Passage sessions, after Karen turned down an offer for Oreo Cookies from the A&M Studios Vending Machine he offered her... :neutral:inkshield: :sad:

...Oohh! --Touchy matter, here!! :shock:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom