• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: OST- Mother, Jugs & Speed (SP-4590)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Original Soundtrack
MOTHER, JUGS & SPEED

A&M SP-4590

sp4590.jpg

"Mother, Jugs & Speed" is a 1976 comedy about competition among private ambulance services in inner city Los Angeles. The film stars Bill Cosby (Mother), Raquel Welch (Jugs) and Harvey Keitel (Speed). Larry Hagman was among the many co-stars.

Various artists, both A&M and from other labels, are featured. Tracks include:

"Dance" by Paul Jabara
"Get the Funk Out My Face" by Brothers Johnson
"My Soul is a Witness" by Billy Preston with Joe Green

"No Love Today" sung by Michelle Phillips
"No Love Today" instrumental version by Pete Jolly
"Show Me the Way" by Peter Frampton

"Star in My Life" by Steve Marriott
"Thunder Thumbs and Lightnin' Licks" by Brothers Johnson
"Mellow Out" by the Crusaders

The Soundtrack was reissed on CD in 1999 with film dialogue sound bites added:

http://bad-music.empty-handed.com/bmf/archive/000021.php

JB

I have this movie on DVD. It is severely dated but it's a lot of fun to watch, especially seeing Bill Cosby doing something other than his '80s/'90s-era G-rated schtick.

"How you gonna get the stiff downtown when you got two flat tires?"

Recently saw a copy of this once, and since I have the Brothers Johnson and Steve Marriott LP's and that I wouldn't hear Michelle Phillips' "Aloha, Louie", the non-LP track B-side of "No Love Today", I didn't bother buying despite the copy of this being in good condition and reasonably priced...

I take it the Peter Frampton track is the OK, but weak studio version, not the more lively Live version from Frampton Comes Alive...

Not surprising that a Herb Alpert/TjB tune didn't make it to this--and a real shame...

As for Cosby's G-rated stuff, he was never one to be a Richard Pryor or a Redd Foxx, so his stuff has been always a bit tame by those standards save for his still funny, storyteller way of telling jokes; The COSBY SHOW episode which I saw last night inspired me to post some thoughts on Bill here...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom