• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: OST - THE MAGIC FLUTE (SP-4577)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Original Soundtrack
THE MAGIC FLUTE

A&M SP-4577

sp4577.jpg

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, composer
Emanuel Schikaneder, librettist
Eric Ericson, conductor
Svregies Radio Symfonikester (Swedish Radio Symphony), orchestra

Tracks:

Overture/ Intro # 1/ Aria # 3/ Recitative and Aria # 4/ Quintet # 5/ Tezetto # 6/ Aria With Chorus # 10/ Quintet # 12/ Aria # 13/ Aria # 20/

Finale # 21/ Chorus # 18/ Finale # 21

JB

This brings to mind an interesting question - how many true classical albums did A&M release in its history? To my knowledge, they never partnered with or distributed other classical labels.....

Are we talking a Columbia Masterworks-series or ABC Westminster-edition, then...??? :confused:

Dave

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
This brings to mind an interesting question - how many true classical albums did A&M release in its history? To my knowledge, they never partnered with or distributed other classical labels.....

A&M briefly partnered with Nimbus Records (and even briefer with Denon) for classical recordings shortly before PG bought them. I believe that purchase released both imprints from A&M/PG, though (i.e.: they were not included in the PG purchase)...

--Mr.Bill

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
This brings to mind an interesting question - how many true classical albums did A&M release in its history?

We can add Joe Jackson's "Willpower" to the count. Although not "classical" in a Bach/Beethoven sense, but far as I can recall, these were classical-based compositions composed by Jackson, some in his pre-"Look Sharp" days when he was attending music school.

Ray Manzarek, keyboardist of the Doors, released CARMINA BURANA (SP 4545) on A&M in 1983. This is a cantata composed in 1935 by German Composer Carl Orff based on medieval poems found on a scroll in 1803.

I highly recommend this one.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom