• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Ozark Mountain Daredevils MEN FROM EARTH (SP-4601)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
MEN FROM EARTH

A&M SP-4601

sp4601.jpg

Tracks:

Fly Away Home*/ You Know Like I Know**/ Breakaway (From Those Chains)*/ The Red Plum***/ Mountain Range*/ Watermill***

Noah*/ It's How You Think**/ Arroyo****/ Homemade Wine**

Written by:
* Dillon
** Lee
*** Cash and Dillon
**** Cash

Produced by David Anderle
Engineered & Mixed by Marty Lewis
Recorded at Quadrafonic Sound Studios, Nashville TN, American Artist Studio, Springfield MO, and Caribou Ranch, Nederland

Mixed at Caribou Ranch
Mastered at The Mastering Lab
Remastered in 2006 by Andrew Thompson at Sound Performance

Original Art Direction by Roland Young
Original design by Junie Osaki
Photography by Jim Mayfield
Cover Photo: Clarence and Roscoe Jones (June 1976)

Personnel:

John Dillon, Buddy Brayfield, Rune Walle, Steve Cash, Mike Granda and Larry Lee

Sidemen from Earth:

Bill Jones - horns, flute, synth
Randle Chowning - guitars & vocals
Steve Canaday - drums and fair witness
Connie Canaday - vocals
Bean - definition of patchuco
Bobbye Hall - congos & percussion
Jerry Mills - mandolin

Dedicated to the memory of Michael Casey Bunge

Reissued on CD by BGO Records of England as BGOCD 737 as a two-for-one with THE CAR OVER THE LAKE ALBUM

MEN FROM EARTH entered the Billboard Top 200 on October 2, 1976 and charted for ten weeks, peaking at Number 74, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

JB

I know I heard this one, but danged if I can remember anything about it. I had pretty much fallen off the O.M.D. album by this time.

I 'almost' attended a concert by these guys...it was right after CAR OVER THE LAKE came out and they were pretty hot. I had a date with a girl I really liked and everything. Then this huge snow storm came in, we got a foot of snow, roads were closed, so pretty much everything got cancelled. The upside is, the girl and I are still friends to this day, so all was not lost.

Another Ozark Mountain Daredevils album that a lot of people had probably missed, if only because without a surefire follow-up single to "Jackie Blue", a lot of its following may have "fallen-off"...

Still it lends itself to some fairly spirited performing through fairly inspiring tunes...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom