🎵 AotW AOTW: Sam Neely DOWN HOME (A&M SP 3626)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Sam Neely
DOWN HOME

A&M SP-3626

sp3626.jpg

SIDE ONE
You Can Have Her 3:00*/ Count Your Blessings 2:45/ Sadie Take a Lover 2:45/ Woman is the Better Part of Home 2:52/ Lord I'm Amazed 3:00.

SIDE TWO
It's a Fine Morning 2:33/ Rock and Roll (I Gave You the Best Years of My Life) 3:59 **/ Keep Me Company 3:00/ Here I Go Again 2:50/ Everybody Learns to Sing the Blues 3:24.

All songs by Sam Neely, Seven Iron Music Co., BMI except
* W. Cook, Harwood Music/ Big Billy Music Co. BMI; and
** Kevin Johnson, Tree Publishing Co., Inc. BMI

Tracks One and Six Produced by Danny Janssen and Bobby Hart for Hit Brigade Music; all others Produced by Rudy Durand for Koala Productions; a Gross-Kupps Production.

Music Credits:
Drums -- Hal Blaine and Gene Pello
Piano - Keith Green, Mike Gregory and Paul Gilman
Bass - Max Bennett, Wildon Felder, Bob Buelow
Guitar - Jerry Cole, Richard Bennett, Randel Dollahon
Acoustic Guitar - Sam Neely
String Arrangements - Gordon Marron and Gene Page

Recorded and Mixed at the Sound Factory Inc./ Engineers: John Arrias and David Hassinger/ Partially Recorded at Devonshire Studio (Engineer: Greg Vanable) and Mixed at Hollywood (CA) Sound.

This album dedicated to Kenny Franklyn
Art Direction: Roland Young/ Photography: Gail Skoff

A non-LP single, "I Fought the Law," also was released by A&M.

For more information, visit:

www.taliesyn.com/page6.htm

JB

Thisb is one of my favorite A&M projecys in the country/folk category. Disappointing that this was his only effort for A&M and only one of less than a half-dozen LPs in his career.

Among the tracks here there's not a stinker among them. My faves are the first and last on both sides...

If you can find this one on eBay or the used bins don't pass it up!

--Mr. Bill

I have had this album... Didn't know about the Non-LP single, 'til now (Though I may have seen it in my A&M Collectors Book w/ another song that I thought wasn't on the album) According to Neely's Website, Elvis Presley's band (James Burton, guitar; Jerry Scheff, bass; and Ronnie Tutt, drums) played on "I Fought The Law", which really is the Bobby Fuller Classic!

Hard to believe one store I took this to said that "the records he was selling for 25¢ were better than this...!!" :nut: :rolleyes:

I had one of Sam's Capitol albums, 2, (his Second album) of which my favorite is the last song, "Neither Can I"... And his debut LP was Lovin' You Just Crossed My Mind, which I never had, but recently found a copy of... I have never had (or probably seen) Lovin' You...'s former title, Long Road To Texas, either...

Dave

Good News! I found my misplaced copy of SP 3626 & added song times, credits, etc. to the original post.
I just knew that album was around here someplace,
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom