• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Aqua de beber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave said:
OK, I think I will get "far-fetched", now! What about J.J. Johnson or Kai Winding?

Yup, that's a pretty good definition of "far-fetched"! :wink: Ain't no way, no how it's either of them.

Capt. Bacardi
...debating whether to mow my lawn or drink a beer online... :|

Mike Blakesley said:
All Music Guide refers to that as an "imitation sitar," whatever that is. They've been known to be wrong on a few things though.

An "Imitation Sitar", most likely is a Danelectro Sitar, which has Six Strings, and looks just like a "regular" guitar, but sounds like a "sitar"; there is also a model with "drone strings" along-side the "playing strings". And also a "sit down" kind, with only six "playing strings", as well as the Six-plus "drone strings", too.

So, now I don't know the player or WHICH one was used... :o ...maybe it IS a Real One wit' th' Thousand Strings...! :laugh:

Dave

...still wondering what Brasil '66 would Sound like... if a sitar was ever regularily used... :goofygrin:

Cortnee said:
Has anyone ever thought of Raul deSouza playing trombone on Aqua de Beber?

Um, no - but he played a valve trombone - and the 'bone solo was clearly a slide 'bone, and I'm not sure how young he was in '66. There's a few possibilities on the list Harry provided (Charlie Loper, for example) that would make sense.

Capt. Bacardi

OK, I heard another trombone on one of my other albums played by Garnet Brown...No, I KNOW it's not him, but his PLAYING is, to me, SIMILAR to "Agua Do Beber"!

It's a trombone solo on Carole Bayer-Sager's "You're Movin' Out Today" from her..."Oh, Listen...We're So MUSICALLY INCLINED...!!!!"...Debut Album. Afterwhich, came the "What'll we do next? More EZ-Listening? Rock 'N' Roll? Disco??" of ...,Too and Sometimes Late At Night, the collaboration with Carole's soon-to-be hubby, Burt Bacharach.

Well, the playing of Garnet Brown is similar...! Brown played BETTER stuff with Eumir Deodato and appeared on his Live AT Felt Form (Formerly: In Concert) album, too...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom