• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Aria Alpert Makes The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Aria Alpert, the actress daughter of Herb & Lani, has made a splash in the LA theatre circle. From Yahoo news:

Aria Alpert Commands Title Role in NORA, the Blue Angel Theatre's Inaugural Production at L.A.'S Century City Playhouse
872.thm

LOS ANGELES, May 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Actor Aria Alpert is close to finishing a six-week run in the title role of Nora Helmer in NORA, the inaugural production of the new Blue Angel Theatre at the Century City Playhouse in Los Angeles, CA. The Blue Angel's bold, modern staging of legendary film director Ingmar Bergman's adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's immortal play "A Doll's House" opened on April 16; its final curtain is Saturday night, May 21, with six performances remaining. Backstage West magazine wrote, "Aria Alpert's performance as Nora is riveting and steals the show."

Highly controversial at the time of its 1879 debut, Ibsen's classic work -- centering on a woman's struggle to be recognized in the face of the traditional, subservient role society expects her to adhere to -- is streamlined to its essence in Bergman's celebrated reworking, first presented in 1986. Directed by Rod Menzies, this new production recalls the original play's era via set design elements, while lending NORA a decidedly contemporary voice with an emotionally raw and expressionistic performance style. Playing opposite Alpert as Nora's husband Torvald Helmer is Gregory North, whose credits include the original Broadway production of Sondheim's "Into The Woods," and the recent feature film "In Good Company."

Ms. Alpert's past stage credits include starring as Stella in "Gross Points" -- opposite Alec Baldwin -- at the Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor, New York, and as Viola in a Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival production of "Twelfth Night." Her film roles include the 2001 feature "Things Behind The Sun," directed by Allison Anders ("Sugar Town," "Grace Of My Heart").

A Southern California native, Aria is the daughter of music legend Herb Alpert and singer Lani Hall Alpert. Her dramatic training includes work with the acclaimed Larry Moss in Los Angeles, Lloyd Richards and Harold Guskin in NYC, and RADA's Shakespeare Summer Workshop in London. She is also a gifted dancer and a certified organic chef.

Tickets for NORA are available through Century City Playhouse, located at 10508 W. Pico Blvd., West L.A. Contact information is: 310-204-4440 or centurycityplayhouse.org. Performances are 8PM, Thursday-Saturday, through May 21. For further information: [email protected]

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050512/lath035.html?.v=9

Capt. Bacardi

They forgot to mention her film appearance in Super Troopers, even though the bulk of her role can only be seen in the bonus materials section (be sure to watch it with the director's comments turned on).

Even that aside, I must ask, isn't she a good-looking young lady? R-r-r-r-ow-wwww. Hard to believe this is the 10-year-old little girl who danced on stage while daddy played trumpet on the Bullish tour!

--Mr B

I'd say Aria captures the "Best of BOTH of Herb & Lani", in my opinion! Yes, Good looker, she is!!! :love:

It would be certainly cool, if NORA could tour Nation-Wide! I think my Macomb-Center-For Performing Arts would once again, be a great place to see this--and meet Aria, too!! :love:

Dave

Back in 1997, singer songwriter Kyle Vincent had a song called "Arianne" from his self titled debut CD on Carport/Hollywood. Wonder if Kyle was thinkin' about Aria??? :confused: Go to: www.kylevincent.com for information on the singer. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

She seems to have Lani's eyes and Herb's nose and chin...at least, I think so...

She's certainly come a long way since the Bullish Tour...

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom