• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

autographed picture of herb alpert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

hi guys, how you doing today? I got a suprised in this morning's mail.
here is the web page.

after about 2 months, I finally got an autopraphed picture of herb alpert.
so if you guys want one just goggle herb alpert and when you see my space click on that one and request one.
it is a 8 x10 b/w of herb playing the trumper sitting down. by a window,
and with a mute in his trumpet and he is wearing his glasses. a really nice picture.

bob

Guess I don't follow your directions...

Can you give me something a little more specific?

I looked for a Myspace page and found one...where do you go from there?

It's probably the same one that's on Herb's site:

2009_HerbAlpert_Window_HiRes.jpg

Capt. Bacardi

captain. the picture I got was almost the same. it has the same background but. herb is sitting down facing the camera leaning forward a a bit and hold his picture down and has a mute in it. and the way I saw herb my space was I did a goggle search and just typed in herb alpert
and when the seaches came up, I just looked for the one that said my space and that went to herb's my space and then I messaged him or who ever was the webmaster for his space. 2 months ago. and this morning I got the autographed picture. To Bob Herb Alpert if you want I can scan in the picture I got and maybe LP jim or dave can see it then maybe post it here on this site. becasue I do not know how to do that. and also when you go to his web site wwww.herbalpert.com live the pictures in cologes
is the second one that comes up. to get to herb's my space, just goggle herb alpert my space and it will come up, then to get the autographed picture click on message.
thanks
bob

Good picture, but Herb would take about 15 years off of his age if he would just shave. Although he's reached a point in his life where he can shave or not shave if he wants to, I guess.

a quick question, that picture I discribed to you guys about getting an autopraphed picture of herb alpert. that same picture personally autographed to me, some one was selling it on ebay. so I was wondering is that Illegal? the title was listed as herb alpert Jazz legend. I do not care if was posted but I have one that looked like that.I was just asking that question. not trying to cause any trouble or anything, just cuurious that is all.and the sale was ending March 18 the time on there was 2 hours something. so I do not know if that picture will be on there tomorrow, I just saw it on there tonight march 15.
bob

bob said:
a quick question, that picture I discribed to you guys about getting an autopraphed picture of herb alpert. that same picture personally autographed to me, some one was selling it on ebay. so I was wondering is that Illegal? the title was listed as herb alpert Jazz legend. I do not care if was posted but I have one that looked like that.I was just asking that question. not trying to cause any trouble or anything, just cuurious that is all.and the sale was ending March 18 the time on there was 2 hours something.
bob

Herb probably has a copyright, and the photographer might...but it's probably similar to the rights to any other photo or even an album. Photos of celebrities sell on eBay all the time, even autographed ones. What would be illegal would be if someone ran that picture in a magazine or book without crediting it to the owner of the image, or without their permission to do so.

The photo is considered merchandise, and is eligible for resale as such. It might have been a gift to you, no money changed hands, but that doesn't make it illegal to sell it. it happens at auctions all the time...We have some photos of Herb Alpert and the Muppets in our photo gallery here that were found at a flea market.

Dan

Dan's got it. Unless the photo has a notice on it preventing sale, it's the owner's to do with as he wishes.

The movie posters we get have such a notice on them....we are forbidden by our contracts to sell them or give them away.

bob said:
I just looked for the one that said my space and that went to herb's my space and this morning I got the autographed picture. if you want I can scan in the picture I got and maybe LP jim or dave can see it then maybe post it here on this site.

thanks
bob

You mean the way I post photos and outside stuff at my Krayola Korner!??? :confused:

Or do you mean that You will post it after I see it there? :confused:

Dave :shrug: :cat:

Thanks Mike for clearing that up, I did not know. but it was ironic that it was personally autoprahed with my name on it,.and I did email herb at my space. and asked for an autographed picture of him. but there might be other Bob's out there. but I was suprised that all, so thanks Mike for clearing that up. now I know. but that was a question I had, and you answered that for me.
thanks again
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom