• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bazuka

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveK

I'm wanting to get the song "Dynomite" by Tony Camillo's Bazuka on CD. I've found two discs on Amazon that list the song. One is on Hip-O and I'm sure it's probably the original hit version. But there's another disc called "The Best Of Venture Records" that lists the song and one other song by Bazuka and Amazon has used copies starting at $1.58. Naturally, I'd rather buy the cheaper disc since I only want the one song, but I'm not sure if the version on the "Venture" disc will be the original hit version. Does anyone here know?

I never knew The Ventures ever did "Dynomite"; they had to have done it as the "New" Ventures. I had their Rocky Road album, which was sort of a Disco album, I thought was made up more of Studio Musicians, than any actual members, aside from Nokie Edwards. It was produced and engineered by Ron Malo at his Devonshire Studios in North Hollywood and that Jimmie Haskell arranged.

But, YES, the song is originally done by Tony Camillo's Bazuka and, I think their LP is entitled Dynomite.

I have not had nor heard that album in a long time--bought it years ago when I was on my "New York Studio Musician kick". My favorite songs on there are "Come To Me" (...I hate the way your man always makes you cry...Lord, I wish that he would die...), "Love Explosion", "Side Dish", "Earthquake", "I'm Gonna Love You" and "T.C.'s Inferno". There is a track that's not on the LP, "Theme From POLICE WOMAN", that I thought made it to the CD.

Tony Camillo was a producer and engineer at Generation Sound Recording Studios in New York and produced and engineered Gladys Knight & The Pips' Imagination album; the home of "Midnight Train To Georgia".

Camillo's album, Dynomite was recorded in his basement recording studio with some of the same musicians who played on the records he made by other artists.

Hopefully one of our "A&M LP Completists", which I once was, will be a little more knowledgable.

Dave

...thinking maybe I should look into obtaining this CD, myself...

Both of the CDs that I mentioned are various artists compilations. One is titled "The Best Of Venture Records". I believe the word "Venture" refers to the record label that's being spotlighted, not the instrumental group, The Ventures.

daveK said:
Both of the CDs that I mentioned are various artists compilations. One is titled "The Best Of Venture Records". I believe the word "Venture" refers to the record label that's being spotlighted, not the instrumental group, The Ventures.

OK, you may be right...VENTURE RECORDS!! :oops:

Tony Camillo actually named his home recording studio Venture Sound... :freak: But I don't know if the two are related... :confused:

I actually browsed through the entire 214 Venture titles at AMAZON, and... :oops:

Well, good thing you found it, then... :wink:

Dave

...starting some "Underground Fire", online... :twisted: :D

Okay, I know that The Ventures are not A&M related (even though they did great covers of "The Lonely Bull", "A Taste Of Honey", "What Now My Love" and "The Work Song" plus an entire album of Carpenters covers) but since you brought it up, I had to say that "Underground Fire" is a really cool song.

Well there were a few record stores I know of, that had nearly EVERY Venture title you could get. A few eons before the "Two-On-One CD-era" recently came along.

I had a Trini Lopez album, which was based on music from his TV Show, where he's backed by The Ventures and features Anita Kerr.

Dave

...who might just start looking into this group's albums, too, someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom